Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Pathfinder

For anyone thinking about reinstalling oreo there's no rooting of the phone involved. You're reinstalling the official software that your phone would have come with originally. 

Just Google pie to oreo samsung s9 and read up on it. 

You need to look into which particular firm ware you need to match your country, network carrier and model.

I did my phone, found a few settings to switch off so my phone can't update by itself. 

Cheers 

Explorer

I did that too. Found OREO firmware for my country, installed it and turned off automatic update. Everything is legal as a process. No rooting. Of course some time in the feature we may find incompatibilities with some apps, if something big changes in system updates. But for now I am very happy to have my beautiful OREO 8 UI and system firmware back in business. So useful to have PRO VIDEO MODE, and in the same tab PHOTO and VIDEO capabilities. Is it so difficult to build that also for ONE UI, Samsung developers? I dont think so...

Pathfinder

@GiannisPomonis wrote:

I did that too. Found OREO firmware for my country, installed it and turned off automatic update. Everything is legal as a process. No rooting. Of course some time in the feature we may find incompatibilities with some apps, if something big changes in system updates. But for now I am very happy to have my beautiful OREO 8 UI and system firmware back in business. So useful to have PRO VIDEO MODE, and in the same tab PHOTO and VIDEO capabilities. Is it so difficult to build that also for ONE UI, Samsung developers? I dont think so...

Did you go into developer settings and switch off auto updates too? If not do it. 

Just tap the build number 7 times or so to activate developer settings 

Apprentice
Thanks, just did it
Explorer
For what i see the "solution" is not a solution even, its avoiding the problem, what is samsung thinking what the hell.
Please fix this asap can't be that hard, if u can't fix it, atleast dont block the access to 60/120 fps and double apreture, Jesus.

Explorer

We have to make our voices heard publically. I am on the social media accounts and see a couple comments  but not enough to make anything happen. Hop on Samsung's YouTube posts, Tweets, IGs and complain about the fact that pro mode video has been removed. A few are doing it, but we are not making nearly enough noise! Get on Twitter and search for posts about Samsung, comment on their ads, comment on related tweets, get on YouTube and look for Samsung camera reviews and hashtag Samsung, get on Instagram. Let's #dowhatyoucant. 

Twitter:

@Samsungmobile

@SamsungmobileUS

@Samsungcanada

@SamsungUK

@Samsung_dev

@SamsungmobileIN

etc

Just Browsing

It's been months and we're still waiting to get back one functionality we payed for when buying our phones.

I don't want an iOS look alike camera, if I wanted that I would have bought an iPhone.

I just want the camera from android Oreo back, it can't be that hard.

What are they going to remove next? The ability to call someone?

Samsung, please fix this absurdity ASAP!!

Explorer

@dcardoso wrote:

It's been months and we're still waiting to get back one functionality we payed for when buying our phones.

I don't want an iOS look alike camera, if I wanted that I would have bought an iPhone.

I just want the camera from android Oreo back, it can't be that hard.

What are they going to remove next? The ability to call someone?

Samsung, please fix this absurdity ASAP!!

I feel your pain, i think we all should revert to oreo, this camera app is so bad, photos are becoming weird exept in pro mod and videos? Dobt even talk about s9 videos, they are worst then s6 videos and we are supposed to have double aperture. Sucks to have an s9+ now. All they think about is their foldable phones aka another fiasco.

Explorer

If Samsung keep going at this rate it won't be long before batteries start exploding  again...

Here I was thinking that moving from Apple, who don't give a sh!t about their users, to Samsung would be a pleasant change. Oh how disappointed I have been  :( 

Apprentice

When you copy so much that you copy yourself into mediocrity 🤦🏾‍♂️ Samsung you have damaged your brand thinking you're competing with Apple when you were already ahead, get your head out of the sand

Top Liked Authors