Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Highlighted
Apprentice

I've been a staunch defender of Android since the get go, because I DON'T want an iPhone, but I shoot video for a living. Android is just completely ignoring video, and the S9's video capabilities have constistently gotten worse since I made my purchase. So much so, that I'm actually considering my next device being an iPhone.

Thanks Samsung.

Highlighted
Voyager

I don't think it's android, just samsung. Friends with Huawei have pro mode etc running pie, seems to be something to do with the one ui that Samsung added. 

First Poster

I have a Samsung S9 mobile but after updating to the latest version, video recording is lost in Pro mode, what do I need to do to record video in Pro mode

Highlighted
Apprentice

There are a a few third party options. One I occasionally use is Cinema FV-5. However Samsung has disabled certain features. For instance, Frame rate is locked to 30 fps. Thanks Samsung. 😡

Highlighted
Explorer

I have tried many paid & free Camera apps including FIlmicPro & Moment Pro Camera and I ended up using free and adfree OpenCamera. You can record in 24 or 30 fps though but It has advanced Photos and Videos features and apart from everybody else it is the only Camera app that supports 4:3 / 1:1 aspect resolutions like 2880x2160 or 2160x2160. These resolutions offer much higher FOV (Field of View) and in my opinion even better image quality compared to 16:9 which is cropped and has narrow vertical Field Of View.

Does anyone know any other 3rd party app besides FilmicPro which uses a workaround to record 4K @ 60fps on Exynos ?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Just in case Samsung think they have got away with it, be warned, they haven't yet and they wont

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51413724

Highlighted
Explorer

In couple days on next unpacked event....
I guess they will introduce new Galaxy S20 phone and say that if we order now it will have all those features they have stolen from us without warning. (Pro mode video, dual capture etc).

I would not be suprissed if they would even commit that all lenses and 60fps mode will be fully available for use by 3rd party apps .....

#SAMSUNGdoesn'tCARE

Highlighted
Voyager

So according to the blurb on the new UI2.1 update Samsung are adding pro video, mot sure if that applies to the S9 though yet.

https://www.rprna.com/updates/one-ui/samsung-one-ui-2-1-features/

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Pro Video is already on my German S10+ with UI 2.1 Update.
Although S9 Series won't get it.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᑎᔕᑭᖇOᗪ

Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.

Highlighted
Voyager

@NsProd wrote:
Pro Video is already on my German S10+ with UI 2.1 Update.
Although S9 Series won't get it.

So far it's a maybe still, there's no definite answer yet.

We won't get android 11 one UI3 but might get 2.1. Who knows. 

Top Liked Authors