Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Perhaps a bit of friendly advice ^^'

I would recommend to place feedback regarding non-European models at the country of origin, this forum is effectively intended for UK models and the support team isn't properly equipped to support snapdragon models because its simply does not exist on the market here.

The difference between processors in difference markets could be basically be explained as business decisions, it could either be due to licensing, keeping up to the demand, legacy business deals, scalability etc. whatever the exact reason, it has most likely been made at Samsung HQ.

I'm glad that there is a work around available for the models in Europe though ^-^
Highlighted
Explorer

As Samsung announced on galaxy10 unpacked event they have partnered with Adobe and there is Discounted Adobe Premiere Rush avalable to download from Galaxy store. This app can be used as Camera app. It has PRO mode features but on Exynos S9+ it does not support 4K@60 fps or Aprture selection. For basic use it can be used without subscription as long as you don't edit or re-encode  the videos. 

This is what puts Competitors like iPhone ahead - they have perfect support for 3rd party apps that can offer pro mode features and even lens selection.  I am very upset on Samsung and I discurrage anybody from buying Galaxy phone.

I have purchased FilMIC Pro and yes recently it actually let's you record 4K @60fps but its not practical. It takes lots of time to setup it crashes when you switch camera app to take photo (even when not recording) Auto focus doesn't work, sometimess videos are out of focus. The way how iso/ shutter is set via this side wheel is horrible you can't save it in preset you have to reconfigure everything Everytime. It takes ages, Its embarrassing when people areawaiting for you just to start filming. But what FilMIC doesn't support is proper resolution selection.  It only lets you choose 16:9 resolutions which have very narrow vertical field of view something like 36 degrees then you can crop to 4:3 or 1:1 but that is far from 4K.

I will complain via members app about their premier rush. They should stop marketing that they can do 60 FPS if no 3rd party app can use it. Even FilMIC doesn't officially support 4K@60 as it is some weird  workaround / trick. 

Highlighted
Navigator

What ever u guys do, DON'T UPDATE TO THE MARCH SECURITY UPDATE, THE CAMERA UPDATE IS ANOTHER SCAM ONCE AGAIN. Front camera is cropped now, 4:3, all apps, Don't Do it!
Also if u do the update the binary(bootloader) changed once again from 3 to 4, you won't be able to revert the update.
DONT DO IT! Well i guess do it if u wanna make ur 900€ phone downgrade once again in qualitty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zvIhGcN40I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5mV-bUXyt0

For those who don't want to do it, turn off the updates and go to dev settings and turn off auto-update there too.
For now that's all
@Believry

Highlighted
Navigator
Bit late for that, I'm on the May update 🙄
Highlighted
Apprentice

This is may 31 and today i got 4th additional update of android pie(i mean ***** pie). People are complaing about pro mode after the pie update which was released on February. They had chance to fic pro mode video rec option in the recent additional updates but they dindnt. Because they dont want to add this feature again. *****ing cheap samsung. Apart from this, they mother*****ers even listening to someone

Navigator
If it isn't on the s10 then it's not coming back, we have been slapped, why on earth for the One UI,a skin designed for 1 handed use, did they remove shutter button zoom and dedicated camera and video record buttons, in fact just give us back the original camera software that came with my phone and I'll be happy again.
Highlighted
Explorer

It is ugly logic of big corporation. To return PRO mode is to recognize an error. The proud Korean manager doesn't recognize errors. Recall about Bixby

Highlighted
Voyager

Maybe when Android 10 is released we can have it without the one UI skin, that would be an improvement. 

Looking at other brands it seems one UI is really the problem, pie itself doesn't have such a drastic impact on other brands. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Ya, im kind of disappointed that Samsung trying to be Apple now a day. The only reason i choose Android, is the freedom, and developer will listen to the user's feedback and improvement, not taking away something that is useful from customer prespective. I don't like the idea that they tried to keep the UI simple by removing the pro mode, there are user who prefer this features and some even using it for works. 

Honestly, i also look at other brand now, seems like 1+ are more freedom than Samsung now a day. 

Highlighted
Voyager

Yeh freedom is the thing, an option to pick one UI or not, or one handed gesture stuff or regular, pro or auto modes. 

This is why I choose Android after all but taking the choices away seems a very odd decision. 

I started my samsung journey with the galaxy ace but I'm not sure how long it will last now. Shame really 

Top Liked Authors