Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Navigator

@MLHiFi wrote:

After some research, it appears you are correct but only when it comes to the Snapdragon chipset.

A large part of the world uses the Exynos chipset and using FiLMiC those settings are now available.

I will not stop barraging Samsung with tweets, e-mails and letters (yes, snail-mail) until I get the desired result and that is the re-instatement of the Video Pro Mode.

It is a total disgrace that Samsung can get away with selling a phone advertising such a huge feature and then casually remove it!

SAMSUNG; TAKE NOTE!

Well indeed lasr time i tested filmic pro was in version 6, it wasnt working the 60fps/120fps also double aperture, tested it today, exynos working well with filmic pro 6.6, the last version, did a video in 4k 60fps really good quality to be honest. For now its a 13$ fix time for samsung to give out the pro version for free for who was affected by this 

Explorer
I'm interested... you say you're on the Exynos chipset but quoting the price in dollars.
So, either you have an Exynos device in the States OR it's not USD but Australian dollars???
Mike
Explorer
...oh and I bought the app too and it's amazing! Very happy. £11.49 here in the UK!
Navigator

@MLHiFi wrote:
I'm interested... you say you're on the Exynos chipset but quoting the price in dollars.
So, either you have an Exynos device in the States OR it's not USD but Australian dollars???
Mike

Was supposed to type in Euros €, I'm from portugal so yeah exynos (EU).
I have the samsung s9+ (Dual sim / unlocked).

For now filmic pro is the only solution to what samsung has done. 
Probably will endup selling my s9+ and buy the new oneplus 7 pro.

Shame on samsung as always. 

Explorer
Ah, ok, that's explains it.
I do wonder why there are different chipsets in the States etc and why FiLMiC are only able to get around the Exynos and not the Snapdragon.
Shame on Samsung as always, I agree.
Apprentice
Hello everyone i got the filmic app
Working smooth with full control on my s9 exynos
2.4/1.5 f
24/30/60/120/240 frame
With 140mbs bitrates
And i turned off android updates
Im fine.
Apprentice

i assume you are referring to 4k 60fps. As i can't find 60fps available on 1080p. Not everyone want to record it in 4k.. Not sure why Filmic Pro didn't allow 1080 60fps, hopefully is not the Samsung camera API restriction.

@KOUSSAY wrote:
Hello everyone i got the filmic app
Working smooth with full control on my s9 exynos
2.4/1.5 f
24/30/60/120/240 frame
With 140mbs bitrates
And i turned off android updates
Im fine.

Explorer

My S9 Exynos with Android 9 (Pie) and FiLMiC Pro has, at 1080p, frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 60, 120 and 240fps.

I do have aperture control f1.5 or f2.4

At 4k I still has 24, 25, 30 and 60fps.  However, I have no reason to use 4k so I'm a happy bunny!

FiLMiC Pro is excellent!

Highlighted
Explorer
That's great that they've been able to find a workaround for Exynos users. Unfortunately, we Snapdragon users are still left out in the cold. Hope FilmicPro can find a way to hack it as well as I'd buy it in a second.

As an aside, it is terrible that Samsung had put any of us in this position. Needing to purchase a feature that we already purchased from them before they removed it. Given the way they've treated their customers in this issue, it will be my last Samsung purchase of any type of product, or a product that contains Samsung parts.
Explorer
I agree. It IS terrible that Samsung can do this. I've been in letter-communication with them for over a month so far; I'm not gonna stop.
I've also been in touch, extensively, with FiLMiC Pro and they've been extremely helpful. They are trying to find a solution for Snapdragon users. But right there is the OTHER stupid part of this; why do the same phones in different parts of the world have different processors. That I have NOT been able to get answered.
Samsung have told me that the Pro Video feature is under-used by their "user-base" and was therefore removed. They have no intention of re-instating it. I am DISGUSTED by that response. That's not a reason to remove it..... just leave it where it is. Where's the harm?
Top Liked Authors