Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Explorer

@MLHiFi wrote:

What about FiLMiC Pro? That gives aperture and ISO control doesn't it???

On the S9 that is???


ISO, yes. But not aperture. And no 60 or 120 fps. They don't give them access. 

First Poster

This is being ignored in a disrespectful way, I've been a lifelong Samsung user and have always recommended them, NOW not being able to use my $1000 smartphone the way I WANT (NEED) is not acceptable at all, AND unreasonably Samsung totally ignores us, I'm already selling my note 9 and never gonna use any of Samsung products again not because of that specific issue but because of the way they ignored and disrespected us, that's when loyalty is no longer meaningful at least in my opinion.

Navigator

@Hassan13 wrote:

This is being ignored in a disrespectful way, I've been a lifelong Samsung use and have always recommended them, NOW not being able to use my $1000 smartphone the way I WANT (NEED) is not acceptable at all, AND unreasonably Samsung totally ignores us, I'm already selling my note 9 and never gonna use any of Samsung products again not because of that specific issue but because of the way they ignored and disrespected us, that's when loyalty is longer meaningful at least in my opinion.


Exact same feeling, we are being ignored by samsung, time to move to the new oneplus 7 pro, full screen no notchos no notch moveable/hidden front camera and cheaper then this trash samsung s9 its time to star selling this phone. I see samsung doesnt care anymore, time to move on.

Explorer

After some research, it appears you are correct but only when it comes to the Snapdragon chipset.

A large part of the world uses the Exynos chipset and using FiLMiC those settings are now available.

I will not stop barraging Samsung with tweets, e-mails and letters (yes, snail-mail) until I get the desired result and that is the re-instatement of the Video Pro Mode.

It is a total disgrace that Samsung can get away with selling a phone advertising such a huge feature and then casually remove it!

SAMSUNG; TAKE NOTE!

 

Voyager

I just don't get why it was removed, I understand the development team thought hardly anyone uses it but that's not the point, this is one of the beauties of Android and samsung phones. Options you might never need or use but it's nice having them. 

 

It's like the whole ethos has gone out the window which is just crazy 

Explorer
That's right. Just because it's little used (I'd like to know how they know!) is no reason to remove any feature.
This IS the beauty of Android over Apple... diversity, something Apple know nothing about!
Come on Samsung, we're not going to leave you alone until 1) you do something about this or 2) our contracts run out and we purchase a new phone from another manufacturer!
Highlighted
Navigator

@MLHiFi wrote:

After some research, it appears you are correct but only when it comes to the Snapdragon chipset.

A large part of the world uses the Exynos chipset and using FiLMiC those settings are now available.

I will not stop barraging Samsung with tweets, e-mails and letters (yes, snail-mail) until I get the desired result and that is the re-instatement of the Video Pro Mode.

It is a total disgrace that Samsung can get away with selling a phone advertising such a huge feature and then casually remove it!

SAMSUNG; TAKE NOTE!

 


my chipset is exynos doe, last time i used it i didnt have access to any of the other features, but i'll have to test it out again now that u say that..


@Enjay wrote:

I just don't get why it was removed, I understand the development team thought hardly anyone uses it but that's not the point, this is one of the beauties of Android and samsung phones. Options you might never need or use but it's nice having them. 

 

It's like the whole ethos has gone out the window which is just crazy 


I'm thinking they didnt remove it on purpose, more like a lapse from their part, i think the camera changed cause of the android 9 and they had to deal with that feature getting removed, but anyway, they said nothing about it and it's still ignoring us all, keep reporting on the samsungs member app, not just here 


@MLHiFi wrote:
That's right. Just because it's little used (I'd like to know how they know!) is no reason to remove any feature.
This IS the beauty of Android over Apple... diversity, something Apple know nothing about!
Come on Samsung, we're not going to leave you alone until 1) you do something about this or 2) our contracts run out and we purchase a new phone from another manufacturer!

Actually if this isnt getting solved, i'll get the new upcoming OnePust 7 pro (12gb+256gb storage for lower price that i paid for this stupid s9+) also full screen on front, no notch-o /notchs, move-able front camera (motorised coming from the top of the phone) finger print scanner on screen, way faster then samsung one (0.5 sec), well no wireless charging/ jack but that's a tradeoff 

Explorer
"my chipset is exynos doe, last time i used it i didnt have access to any of the other features, but i'll have to test it out again now that u say that.."
Do you mean the last time you used FiLMiC you didn't have access to those features?
I have since run the "FiLMiC Evaluator" app (maybe you could try that yourself) and it says my device will have all those features I listed and more. So, I bought the app and, yes, it does have all that and more!
I'm happy, but I will still keep on at Samsung to do the right thing!
Voyager

@Believry wrote:

@MLHiFi wrote:

After some research, it appears you are correct but only when it comes to the Snapdragon chipset.

A large part of the world uses the Exynos chipset and using FiLMiC those settings are now available.

I will not stop barraging Samsung with tweets, e-mails and letters (yes, snail-mail) until I get the desired result and that is the re-instatement of the Video Pro Mode.

It is a total disgrace that Samsung can get away with selling a phone advertising such a huge feature and then casually remove it!

SAMSUNG; TAKE NOTE!

 


my chipset is exynos doe, last time i used it i didnt have access to any of the other features, but i'll have to test it out again now that u say that..


@Enjay wrote:

I just don't get why it was removed, I understand the development team thought hardly anyone uses it but that's not the point, this is one of the beauties of Android and samsung phones. Options you might never need or use but it's nice having them. 

 

It's like the whole ethos has gone out the window which is just crazy 


I'm thinking they didnt remove it on purpose, more like a lapse from their part, i think the camera changed cause of the android 9 and they had to deal with that feature getting removed, but anyway, they said nothing about it and it's still ignoring us all, keep reporting on the samsungs member app, not just here 


@MLHiFi wrote:
That's right. Just because it's little used (I'd like to know how they know!) is no reason to remove any feature.
This IS the beauty of Android over Apple... diversity, something Apple know nothing about!
Come on Samsung, we're not going to leave you alone until 1) you do something about this or 2) our contracts run out and we purchase a new phone from another manufacturer!

Actually if this isnt getting solved, i'll get the new upcoming OnePust 7 pro (12gb+256gb storage for lower price that i paid for this stupid s9+) also full screen on front, no notch-o /notchs, move-able front camera (motorised coming from the top of the phone) finger print scanner on screen, way faster then samsung one (0.5 sec), well no wireless charging/ jack but that's a tradeoff 


Other brands all still have their same features including pro mode but someone posted an email response from samsung saying the development team didn't think it was important so left it out on purpose. 

 

Navigator

@Enjay wrote:

@Believry wrote:

@MLHiFi wrote:

After some research, it appears you are correct but only when it comes to the Snapdragon chipset.

A large part of the world uses the Exynos chipset and using FiLMiC those settings are now available.

I will not stop barraging Samsung with tweets, e-mails and letters (yes, snail-mail) until I get the desired result and that is the re-instatement of the Video Pro Mode.

It is a total disgrace that Samsung can get away with selling a phone advertising such a huge feature and then casually remove it!

SAMSUNG; TAKE NOTE!

 


my chipset is exynos doe, last time i used it i didnt have access to any of the other features, but i'll have to test it out again now that u say that..


@Enjay wrote:

I just don't get why it was removed, I understand the development team thought hardly anyone uses it but that's not the point, this is one of the beauties of Android and samsung phones. Options you might never need or use but it's nice having them. 

 

It's like the whole ethos has gone out the window which is just crazy 


I'm thinking they didnt remove it on purpose, more like a lapse from their part, i think the camera changed cause of the android 9 and they had to deal with that feature getting removed, but anyway, they said nothing about it and it's still ignoring us all, keep reporting on the samsungs member app, not just here 


@MLHiFi wrote:
That's right. Just because it's little used (I'd like to know how they know!) is no reason to remove any feature.
This IS the beauty of Android over Apple... diversity, something Apple know nothing about!
Come on Samsung, we're not going to leave you alone until 1) you do something about this or 2) our contracts run out and we purchase a new phone from another manufacturer!

Actually if this isnt getting solved, i'll get the new upcoming OnePust 7 pro (12gb+256gb storage for lower price that i paid for this stupid s9+) also full screen on front, no notch-o /notchs, move-able front camera (motorised coming from the top of the phone) finger print scanner on screen, way faster then samsung one (0.5 sec), well no wireless charging/ jack but that's a tradeoff 


Other brands all still have their same features including pro mode but someone posted an email response from samsung saying the development team didn't think it was important so left it out on purpose. 

 


Time foe them to bring it back, so many people selling their devices and complaining here. Time for them to wake up

Top Liked Authors