Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

First Poster

I have been using filmic pro. They have fixed some bugs recently and seems to run good. But you max out at 30fps on 4k.  And I don't know if it is just me, but I am getting weird things with the audio in filmic pro on Galaxy S10... from the internal mic I am getting a super high pitch hiss from the video audio recorded. Also, sound is a bit funky and can get distorted with an external mic through the app as well, only when recording louder instruments like brass I find.  Both of these things are super hard to tell, but the stock video app does not have that audio issue.   I just emailed customer support at filmic, they are super responsive to feedback.  Otherwise filmic pro is absolutely fantastic.  Oh one more thing, I use teamviewer app to remote access my phone when filming myself in order to use back camera, and weird things happen only sometimes with the audio when rendering in film editing software. Clicking and stuttering. Happens all the time in Davinci resolve and very rarely in Hitfilm.  This is only when I use the teamviewer app while filming,  was back and forth with Davinci Resolve and they are extremely baffled.  Just a strange thing. But yeah some weird things I am experiencing with audio in filmic pro, hopefully they get fixed!  Hope this wasn't too long and it helps.

Apprentice

Can u confirm that 1080p 60fps is available on filmic app,( i don't use 4k 60fps Anyway )

so i will buy it now !

Navigator

@KOUSSAY wrote:

Can u confirm that 1080p 60fps is available on filmic app,( i don't use 4k 60fps Anyway )

so i will buy it now !

Not worth it.

U can record in 1080/4k but its limited to 30 fps.

The current camera block is on 60/120 fps and double aperture, so forget about low light environments. 

Highlighted
Explorer
One thing I've curious about is if the aperture is stuck on 1.5 or 2.4. The couple of free apps I've tried, HD and Open Camera, don't indicate the aperture (Samsung probably won't let them read that either). I'm not even sure if their own new video tool uses the dual aperture.
Navigator

@Lee613 wrote:
One thing I've curious about is if the aperture is stuck on 1.5 or 2.4. The couple of free apps I've tried, HD and Open Camera, don't indicate the aperture (Samsung probably won't let them read that either). I'm not even sure if their own new video tool uses the dual aperture.

U can check that manualy by looking at the camera, if the camera (the top one) is fully open it is 1.5, if it barely open is 2.4. 1.5 means more light comes in, it's like an eye.

The more open the more light in the camera, that to say, if it is wide open is recording in 1.5.

Hope that helped.

-Believry

Navigator

A little update on this thing.

So my android 8.0 software was (G965FXXS2BRK3) the binary was a 2, here i was thinking as this isn't getting solved, seems like devs abandoned the building and dont give a dam about us anymore, i was thinking to revert to the oreo (G965FXXS2BRK3) but i did my research and even that isn't possible on my phone 

With the android pie update, samsung change the binary of my phone to 3. It's impossible to revert to the android 8.0 (binary2) 

Now im stuck with a video-less phone and can't even revert it back to the android 8 version
Android pie 9 Current Version : 
G965FXXS3CSD1
Android 8 Before pie: G965FXXS2BRK3

They changed the binary and made it impossible to revert to android 8 in my case. 

If this isn't getting solved in a near future i'll just probably sell my s9+ to someone and by another brand, way cheaper, better video quality.

-Believry 

Explorer

Believry
Yes, similar to my situatuion. However, I DID have a window of opportunity but I blew it.
I updated to Android Pie, but my binary remained at 2.
The problem occured 10 days later when the April 1st so-called "security update" happened and that's when my binary shot up to 3, ensuring I can never go back.
In those 10 days, I had every chance of downgrading but missed out!  How frustrating!!
I too am looking at selling my S9 and changing manufacturer!

Navigator

@MLHiFi wrote:

Believry
Yes, similar to my situatuion. However, I DID have a window of opportunity but I blew it.
The problem occured 10 days later when the April 1st so-called "security update" happened and that's when my binary shot up to 3, ensuring I can never go back.
In those 10 days, I had every chance of downgrading but missed out!  How frustrating!!

Exacly my case, the april 1st security update seems like it was panned to prevent people from reverting to oreo 

2019-04-10 9  G965FXXS3CSD1 <- the update was literaly changing the binary, they did this on purpose.
2019-03-25 9 G965FXXU2CSC8
2019-03-05 8 G965FXXU2CSB9

U don't even know how mad i'm right now about this. 
They did this on purpose.
They know we are reverting their so called "one ui" so good, split screen broken in most apps, no pro video mode, no navigation bar hide, What were they thinking? and now locking us into android 9 with all this problems.
"security update" Sure.

@AntS Still nothing from devs? the april 1st update locked us into android 9. Are they solving this? or is it another thing to make customers even more mad about?
Navigator

@Believry wrote:

@MLHiFi wrote:

Believry

Exacly my case, the april 1st security update seems like it was panned to prevent people from reverting to oreo 

2019-04-10 9  G965FXXS3CSD1 <- the update was literaly changing the binary, they did this on purpose.
2019-03-25 9 G965FXXU2CSC8
2019-03-05 8 G965FXXU2CSB9

U don't even know how mad i'm right now about this. 
They did this on purpose.
They know we are reverting their so called "one ui" so good, split screen broken in most apps, no pro video mode, no navigation bar hide, What were they thinking? and now locking us into android 9 with all this problems.
"security update" Sure.

@AntS Still nothing from devs? the april 1st update locked us into android 9. Are they solving this? or is it another thing to make customers even more mad about?

Still nothing from samsung.. jesus christ. 

Voyager

I'm glad I went back to oreo when I did, I've been watching the forum to see how things develop with patches etc for pie but it seems to be getting worse! 

Top Liked Authors