Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Explorer

Grabbed this off Twitter. It is a picture of the P30 Pro pro mode screen. Notice anything? 

Screenshot_20190404-222018_Twitter.jpg

Apprentice

And the way Pro Mode is on OneUI (on my S9) the button next to the shutter is a switch to selfie mode. You can already swipe up to switch to selfie mode, so that's redundant. Why not change that button back to video?

Apprentice
And the way Pro Mode is on OneUI (on my S9) the button next to the shutter is a switch to selfie mode. You can already swipe up to switch to selfie mode, so that's redundant. Why not change that button back to video?
Explorer

Exactly. 

And what makes it worse is if you try to replace that functionality (THAT YOU PAID FOR)  by using a third party camera ... you can't. Samsung has blocked access to 60fps and control of the dual aperture on the S9. 

Samsung screwed us in both directions. 

No honor at all. Shameful. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I returning mine. Going with smatphone of another manufacturer. Sorry samsung. If you can be beachy i can to. I paid and you took it from me. Sorry, but never again samsung

Explorer

And they continue to troll us ... this is a screen shot from my S9 this AM

Screenshot_20190405-102852_Camera.jpg

Sadly, I am not seeing very much push back on the Samsung channels. So, we will likely not get it back. And worse, they won't give access to third party developers to access aperture control or 4k 60fps. 

Stuck with this piece of ***** for another year, and then buh bye Samsung. Have been a customer for quite a number of years ... but it's over. 

Apprentice
Samsung won't give access to third party developers to access aperture control or 4k 60fps ???? No honor at all. Shameful. I wish I bought a Huawei.
Explorer

https://filmicpro.helpscoutdocs.com/article/41-samsung-s9-and-s9-filmic-pro-v6-compatibility-guide

From Filmic Pro's website:

"Firstly, Samsung’s implementation of the Android camera framework denies third party developers access to some feature that are available in the native Samsung camera app. This includes high-speed framerates such as 60fps, 120fps and 240fps."

"The current Samsung camera framework implementation also prevents third party developers from supporting the dual lenses found on the S9+. At present only the wide lens is supported."

"Finally, in order to deliver stable 4k performance we need to use Samsung's 'limited' mode that prevents access to the cinematographer kit LOG/FLAT profiles as well as custom white balance controls."

Explorer
I agree. I use the Pro mode in video extensively on my S9 and it's now gone.
Samsung, this MUST be fixed now. There should have at least been a warning!
Explorer
I agree. I was going to sell my S7 but NOT NOW! It's video quality is better than the S9 now
Top Liked Authors