Support

Open search

Poor connection s9 +

Apprentice

Hello. Is anyone having problems with the internet connection on the galaxy s9 plus? My phone has a very weak signal, it hangs out on the internet connection. I want to know if there is a problem on the phone or the connection area is very poor. So does my friend, but with the phone microphone. When he uses skype, the person he's talking to does not hear very well. Thanks 

36 REPLIES 36
AntS Moderator

Hi @MarianM. :robothappy:

Is this happening for you on mobile data, or Wi-Fi, or both?

And for your friend's phone, does the sound issue only happen when using Skype?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hello. On my phone it happens to both. Wifi and mobile data. And my girlfriend's phone does on skype, whatsapp and sometimes when she talks to someone on the phone. I think it's a small problem with the phone's microphone. 

AntS Moderator

Do other devices have the same signal issues where you're located? Also, have you been through the steps in the Health MOT?

For your girlfriend's phone, you can test the microphone by opening the Samsung Members app, then going to  Diagnostics > Test Hardware > Mic.

Apprentice

Hi, I'll check out another device if it's having trouble with the signal. I'll give a factory reset. I'll check my girlfriend's device too. Have the same problems, what do I do? Both phones are new. Can I change if the problem is not resolved? I send you back message when i check. Thanks becouse you try to help me. 

AntS Moderator

No worries @MarianM. Let us know how you get on with those - if necessary I'll be able to advise of any appropriate next steps for you from then on. :robothappy:

Apprentice

Hello. I checked yesterday both phones. So is the same problem. On my phone the signal is very weak. On my girlfriend's phone the same problem.  Another phone there is no problem with wifi or mobile data  .What can I do next? Thanks.  

What i've experinced since the last software update, is that the phone hangs up calls, saying "no connection area". Afterwards, the phone automaticly restarts - yet the problem occurs again 8 minutes into a phone conversation. This happened about 12 times yesterday, a problem i never had experinced before the update.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@MarianM and @Grinni200:

I'm guessing that you've both tried a data backup & factory reset as a last resort? If so, can you send an error log to our software guys so that they can take a more in-depth look at what's going on for you? Within 15 minutes of the issue happening, open Samsung Members app > select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > tick Send System Log Data, and attach a description of the problem.

Apprentice

I have sent the error report twice. I expect someone to consider this problem. By law, this device, if it has problems for 30 days, needs to be changed with another one new. I paid 869 pounds for trouble? A problem I had when I bought s8 +. Then they immediately changed the device. It's not my fault or Samsung's fault. There are always problems. But these problems need to be resolved. I do not have to run and be angry solves nothing. And the problem of the device that has my girlfriend can not be solved. I did not send these messages if my device and my girlsfriends did not have any problems.

Top Liked Authors