Support

Open search

Please bring back changing the background of text messages

Highlighted
First Poster
Oh please, I've had this feature on every galaxy phone I've had up until this one the note 9. I'm sure there are many others who absolutely like the feature just like i do
Apprentice

@Relle wrote:

Oh please. This is about the messaging app, not the phone. Samsung Messages is not exclusive nor a permanent feature of any of these phones so if you dont like it you can easily use a different app until they make the updates to the one you prefer. 

Thank you for your reply, however it was completely pointless.

The whole point of the thread is to request the customisation of the built in messaging app within the s9 range, as it has been done on previous versions. 

It is a feature that I'd like to see the return of, as using third party apps just isn't the same, for example, I used signal but the app doesn't allow sending texts to multiple contacts, where as the default messaging app does.

AntS Moderator

Hi all. Please be nice to each other.  

Bill and Ted.JPG

(I've deleted some of your food-fighting posts accordingly.)

Both wanting a change to the current setup and suggesting workarounds are equally valid and not mutually exclusive to one another. Totally fine to say something like "I use *third party app name*, but I'd really, really like this feature on the stock app" for example.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster
But why did you delete my post? Mine was probably the most valid post. I was only sharing the fact how i am trying to figure out how to use the Samsung messenger app and customize in the same way as older devices. For some reason, those customizable options are not avaliable such as choosing a background. Before you or anyone else suggests using a 3rd party app or changing the theme on my phone, keep in mind this chat is for the Samsung messaging app. This is not for a 3rd party and I do not need to change the theme on my phone because that does not help fix the customizable option this chat room topic is about.
AntS Moderator

Hi @BOHICA. Your post is still there.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

I also have the same request. I had Samsung 8+ and absolutely enjoyed that feature. Also can you add the time remaining feature for the default clock app? Please and thank you.

Observer
You don't get it
Observer

Who wants another app, when its built in already. That's just waisted space.

Observer
Obviously you're not a diehard Samsung user or owner. This ain't Apple.
Explorer

I couldn't agree more with you pal

@BOHICA wrote:
But why did you delete my post? Mine was probably the most valid post. I was only sharing the fact how i am trying to figure out how to use the Samsung messenger app and customize in the same way as older devices. For some reason, those customizable options are not avaliable such as choosing a background. Before you or anyone else suggests using a 3rd party app or changing the theme on my phone, keep in mind this chat is for the Samsung messaging app. This is not for a 3rd party and I do not need to change the theme on my phone because that does not help fix the customizable option this chat room topic is about.

Top Liked Authors