Support

Open search

Pie removes the option to disable Bixby button?

Highlighted
Yet again Samsung tries to force bundle unwanted software on us. That always goes well in the EU (Microsoft or Google found that out).

Not being able to disable it again? What's worse is I use a dual SIM s8 for work and personal use, so any rooting will likely trip the mobile device management.

As soon as OnePlus release the 5g model, I think it's time for me to stop buying Samsung's, which saddens me as I've been on them since the s2.
Highlighted

I think what has happened here is samsung created a feature nobody wanted or asked for and is comepletley pointless its useless and since nobody uses it they gave us the optipn to disable it now their salty we dont like things that are literal ***** and now are forcing us to use a button located where your press it accidently on purpose because ***** phone companys theyre all jackasses and money hungry pieces of *****

Highlighted

I just downloaded pie on my S8 and i, too, was frustrated about now not being able to disable the Bixby button. I discovered that after updating the Bixby voice app (and anything Bixby related), I was given the option to designate the Bixby button to open my chosen app with a single click. I still had to leave Bixby opening as a double click.

Screenshot_20190409-225424_Bixby Voice.jpg

Highlighted
Apprentice

I was naive enough to think that keeping my Samsung apps up to date would be wise for the smooth running of my phone, but how wrong I was. Now, even BX Actions can't stop it.

Also, even after uninstalling all Bixby updates, when I force stop all Bixby services they reactivate shortly after - how is this happening?

When I buy a phone I should be allowed to choose what apps I have on it, but clearly not with Samsung. If this is not a restraint of my freedom of choice then I don't know what is. Why are Samsung so adamant that Bixby is running on my handset that they're now pretty much forcing me to have this software running on my handset?

As of now I'm boycotting all Samsung products indefinitely.

It's all a bit sinister if you ask me.

Highlighted

On my s8 I glued the Bixby button with superglue, so it can not be pressed accidentally 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Ahah I trusted Samsung over a decade now but I'm done with this brand.

I'm f****** p****d off because of your smartless tv that is not able to decode or even passthrough to my sound bar the most basic sound codec in the world, the DTS. My BR player is just a brick since I can't hear all BR with DTS codec, it's almost 100% of my BR library.

And nnw... I can't disabled this crappy bixbi useless app and reassign the DEDICATED button, yes DEDICATED button to launch this useless cr-app.

Samsung, bye.

Highlighted
First Poster

How can I turn off the voice activation? I don't see this option on my S8+ after Pie update and I want to use voice commands in camera

Highlighted
First Poster
How do you turn off the voice activation? Can you explain, please? I don't see this option on my S8+ after Pie update and I want to use voice commands in camera
Highlighted

This WORKS!  Search no further, this is your answer as of 4/25/19.

Trust me .   BEST, ONLY ANSWER! 

Highlighted
First Poster

what works?

Top Liked Authors