Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos Disappeared from Galaxy S9

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 02:47 PM)
MichalaHamill
First Poster
Options

Hello, the other day I plugged my phone into my laptop to transfer some old photos from my laptop to my phone. I created a new album on my phone specifically for those photos. Just today I realised that an entirely different album of photos is now missing from my phone. This album was saved on my phone not on my SD card. I have no idea what happened or how to recover them. I need those photos back as they contain the last photos taken of my sister's dog who had to be put down due to cancer. Please, can anyone help me?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MichalaHamill 

Thanks for getting in touch. If you had your Samsung Cloud synced with your Gallery, go in to the Gallery app > 3 Dots > Settings > Recycle bin > And you will have the option to recover the photos/videos. Also, if you have Google Photos, check for the pictures in there as syncing this may have moved your pictures from the Gallery to Google Photos.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
sandymo
Pioneer
Options

If there is a backup of the disappeared photos, try to recover them from backup files. If no, stop using it in case of data overwritten. Use pro samsung data recovery tool like Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android to scan it. Usually, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S9 before that. If the disappeared photos can be scanned out, they will be displayed on program window in red. Then you can pick them to recover at ease. 

0 Likes
DWatt40
First Poster
Options

I tried what you suggest and I still could not could not recover my photos

0 Likes