Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo album disappeared after software updated last night

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 11:02 PM)
Chompie
Student
Options

Hi, I'm wondering why my folders disappeared? 

I had 2 folders with the names .Wedding & .Wedding2

I had made them starting with a period so that I wouldnt have to scroll all the way down to see the photos and now both folders are gone right after the software update. I was looking at the photos yesterday and today I don't see them anymore. The only difference is that my phone had a force update last night. I dont see the photos in the general "Camera" folder either. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
AViciousKind
Student
Options

Since the update last night, my phone says my SD card is corrupt and won't read it. Was absolutely fine til the update. Thinking the same thing happened to you, if they were stored on one. You can check if your SD card isn't reading now in Settings>Device Care>Storage. I'm livid, I've lost thousands of pictures and videos. I'm going to see if the card can be read from a computer to back up my images. If not, any other suggestions out there???

Chompie
Student
Options

Oh no, i'm so sorry to hear that.

My photos were all stored on my phone. No SD card. 

I contacted Samsung on FB and they just keep telling me if it's backed up onto the cloud. Which it is, but...that should not be a way to resolve this, since now I have to re-download it all AND I have to sift through all the photos (incl ones that have been deleted) to find all the good photos again and put them in a folder. Bc they're now all scattered around.

The software update that was just forced on us again today did not fix this problem. 

AViciousKind
Student
Options

I'm sorry! At least you do have a back up. I'm excited to say the computer would still read my card so I was able to back everything up on my computer. Proves it is a phone issue.... sick of these constant and lousy updates!

0 Likes
Slarco
First Poster
Options

also lost around 13k pictures. Not on the cloud

GrooveR
First Poster
Options

Since the last software update on Galaxy 9 as recent as 12th July, most of my photos with important memories and large volume in size was housed in the gallery, defaulted to the SD Card for storage purposes were lost in its entirety. Ran diagnostics on SD Card and viewed from laptop unmounted SD Card on phone, tried everything possible shows 4GB used from 32GB however cannot see or retrieve images or videos. Please advise if the latest update can be rolled back to hopfeully rectify the problem reported?

0 Likes