Support

Open search

Photo Frame Widget and Predictive Text

First Poster

Hi All,

Just upgraded from S7 edge to S9 and I've noticed a couple of things I hope the community could help with (I have googled also but can't find a resolution).

1st thing, the picture frame widget is no longer there.  I have searched Galaxy Apps as I did read it had been removed from the phones in a previous android update and placed there but I can't find it.

2nd thing, although switched on, predictive text, spell checking, auto replace/punctuation, auto capitalization don't appear to be working.  For example, on my S7 if I type its it auto corrects to it's, where as on the S9 it doesn't.  It's same with mis-spelling of words and auto caps.  

I've turned the settings off, restarted the phone and turned them on again and have had no luck.  I've cleared data as well and still no joy.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Apprentice
I too am having the same issues with the keyboard. Also updated from an S7 edge. Swipte to type is also not working.

The suggested words under the red line suggestions are just my email addresses too. And the words are nit incorrect.
Highlighted
Apprentice

For some reason the phone will not have downloaded any language packs.  Not even the native one for your phone. 

You will need to go in to your language settings and download your language pack. This will solve your issue. 

Settings>General management>Language and input>On screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard>Language and types>manage input languages>press the blue arrow to download language.

This will now work as expected. 

First Poster
Thanks for your reply. I will give that a go Since the original post, the phone seems to be learning as I go along so I am wondering if my expectations were too high to start with
First Poster

Mine is the same... sometimes it will change words to 'mart'

EE want to exchange the phone   s9+.

No help from samsung

Apprentice

Mine did exactly the same as yours. The good news is there is a very easy fix....

For some reason the phone will not have downloaded any language packs.  Not even the native one for your phone. 

You will need to go in to your language settings and download your language pack. This will solve your issue. 

Settings>General management>Language and input>On screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard>Language and types>manage input languages>press the blue arrow to download language.

This will now work as expected. 

Hope that sorts it for you.

Top Liked Authors