Support

Open search

Pattern unlocking not working under strong light conditions

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I have noted that if I have my phone on my desk which is under a bright florescent light that pattern unlocking cannot be recognised when I place my finger on the screen.

If I picked the phone up off the table without light shining on it, my finger is then recognised again.

Not sure if my Zagg glass screen protector is causing some glare or magnification issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

All,

I manage to resolve this issue myself, but going into Settings, Advanced Features , scroll down to the bottom and select "Touch Sensitivity ". This has resolved my issues and I can now use the phone correctly and it types with no issues at all.

Regards,

Steve 

6 REPLIES
AntS Moderator

Hi @dragon991.

Could possibly be. Unsure of how your protector is attached, but any way of testing the phone without it on?

Prince_Community_Sig02.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hi AntS,

Unfortunately removing it will destroy it. It cost £30 So loathed to remove it incase it does not solve the problem. 

I brought it with the phone as part of the preorder. This is the Zagg Curve Elite for the S9 plus. I would question  if it is the screen protector they should have tested it before releasing it?

Thanks,

Steve 

AntS Moderator

@sean7@Beccic@TheJWills@mikehippo: Any of you guys able to test your S9's pattern unlocking under strong light?

Prince_Community_Sig02.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@AntSwrote:

@sean7@Beccic@TheJWills@mikehippo: Any of you guys able to test your S9's pattern unlocking under strong light?

AntS- I didn't have pattern unlock on mine, but just set it & tested under a couple of different light sources. All works fine 🤔

Apprentice

Thanks @Beccic How did the rest of you get on?

I'm definately getting better performance on the touch keyboard when the light conditions are not to bright. I can actually type as fast as I used to on my S7 Edge (which also had a Zagg glass screen protector).

Apprentice

All,

I manage to resolve this issue myself, but going into Settings, Advanced Features , scroll down to the bottom and select "Touch Sensitivity ". This has resolved my issues and I can now use the phone correctly and it types with no issues at all.

Regards,

Steve 

Top Liked Authors