Support

Open search

Only about 10% experiencing drop outs on S9/+ calls

Voyager

@ShellShark wrote:

Hi Gregg, did you get the software update yet. I got it last night. I managed first call this morn for near 10 mins with no dropping but other person said they couldnt hear me for a few secs. Next call lasted 21 mins and no dropping or apparent silences. Then took a call that within a min person said they lost me for a few secs and then call dropped. I'm on Vodafone in Ireland too. Dunno whether the bad weather this morn could have played a part in last call interference and dropping.

Trust me it ain't the bad weather 

And if people can't hear you even for 1 second it's what I've been banging on about on youtube and what we are all talking about on here

Here I am explaining Lucie/Samsung can’t hear me 

Apprentice

Yeah I have been googling a lot of the blogs/threads about the S9. I rang Vodafone about 3 weeks ago (after 1st software update for 'call stability') when it first started happening. They told me they had gotten a few reports and to ring Samsung as it wasn't a network issue. I rang Samsung, got talked through backing up and doing factory reset. It did nothing. Rang Samsung back a day or 2 later and told update being rolled out in batches and they couldnt say when it would reach Ireland. I also contacted Samsung by Facebook Messenger and email. Messenger suggested running in Safe Mode. I tried that. Calls still dropped and silences. Email reply said 'limited number of reports from people experiencing these issues etc'. I had been told at beginning to drop phone into a shop to get it looked at, but I don't see the point. I would not be given a replacement phone there and then. I would have to wait 2 weeks minimum for them to return a verdict. I would have to use an old phone in interim. And by all accounts people who have been given replacement S9 phones have experienced the same issue with them. I had just upgraded from an S7 that never gave me a minutes grief.

Voyager

@ShellShark wrote:

Yeah I have been googling a lot of the blogs/threads about the S9. I rang Vodafone about 3 weeks ago (after 1st software update for 'call stability') when it first started happening. They told me they had gotten a few reports and to ring Samsung as it wasn't a network issue. I rang Samsung, got talked through backing up and doing factory reset. It did nothing. Rang Samsung back a day or 2 later and told update being rolled out in batches and they couldnt say when it would reach Ireland. I also contacted Samsung by Facebook Messenger and email. Messenger suggested running in Safe Mode. I tried that. Calls still dropped and silences. Email reply said 'limited number of reports from people experiencing these issues etc'. I had been told at beginning to drop phone into a shop to get it looked at, but I don't see the point. I would not be given a replacement phone there and then. I would have to wait 2 weeks minimum for them to return a verdict. I would have to use an old phone in interim. And by all accounts people who have been given replacement S9 phones have experienced the same issue with them. I had just upgraded from an S7 that never gave me a minutes grief.

Can you please provide any good links to juicy blogs you’ve found I’d like to join in the conversations on them thanks

Voyager
Voyager

“Dozens”?

I'm sorry I don’t believe only dozens

only thing I can think that’s throwing the percentage out is all those teenagers do they actually make phone calls? 

They're all too busy texting, snap chatting and Facebook to call anyone Haha!

Voyager

So my BIG question is this

Q. If it’s not the processor and it’s not the carrier and many people have had more than 1 replacement and all have had same problem. How is there anybody out there with a Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ that doesn’t have the problem?

Observer

Please add Netherlands to the 4-20 seconds silence list.
I bought my S9 256GB directly from Samsung
I am using 2 SIMs (work and private) both are on the KPN network.

I installed the latest software on April 29th, with no effect

The phone is hardly usable for making calls
If anybody has any ideas please inform me

Thanks,

Nico

Voyager

@NicoDJ wrote:

Please add Netherlands to the 4-20 seconds silence list.
I bought my S9 256GB directly from Samsung
I am using 2 SIMs (work and private) both are on the KPN network.

I installed the latest software on April 29th, with no effect

The phone is hardly usable for making calls
If anybody has any ideas please inform me

Thanks,

Nico

Hi Nico

Thanks for the reply and letting us all know. Again just hearing you share your frustration in your post I cannot understand how this problem is not 100%

How can people not have this issue? How can none of the big Youtubers reviewing this phone not have this problem. How can mine be the only youtube videos talking about this problem?

I've just had email from Samsung tonight that phone number 4 is on its way and arriving tomorrow!!

I will be amazed if it works and doesn't drop out, we shall see

Apprentice

I contacted Samsung Live chat Monday eve after a call dropped 4 times as well as silence. I received a software update yest morn. Fingers crossed but it seems to have worked. It actually mentioned 'call stability' in the update this time. Managed a 25 minute call this eve with no dropping or silences that I was aware of.

Top Liked Authors