Support

Open search

One UI beta. UK S9 version.

Apprentice
Ohhhhh man... I just opened the members app and had a notification...
Earbud things!! ....what a killer! The adrenaline rush, only to be shot down by some earbuds
Navigator

Just update via zip. Easy way. When the official beta will come out just flash via pdin btu and register for beta. Easy easy easyyyyy

Apprentice
Ohhhh..... Where did you get the zip?
Explorer

Yeah I read the update.zip method won't get you OTA updates. It's doesn't screw Knox does it?

Navigator

You dont need ota updates at the moment. Just have some fun whit the beta. WHEN OFFICIAL UK BETA IS OUT JUST OPEN ODIN ADD BTU FIRMWARE AND FLASH IT. AFTER FLASHING JUST REGISTER FOR BETA AND U WILL HAVE OTA UPDATES.

Explorer

I'll just wait for the beta ur all so impatient lol

Pathfinder

update.zip is on XDA S9 forums and no it does not trip KNOX as it is an official update

I played with it and flashed back to Oreo so I can get the OTAs, seems like a nice update but battery drain was a bit much atm

Explorer

I think that's why UK got put back. They will prob fix some bugs before UK release. Samsung said weekly updates so could be over the weekend. Fingers crossed they fix the battery drain before we receive it. 

Pathfinder

Hopefully yea, it's tempting to flash it again, it has a good few things improved over Oreo such as Camera remembering what mode you last used it in and opening again in that mode, new scene optimiser mode for the camera too, in gallery you can choose an image to set permanantly as the image for that folder no matter how many more images you store in there keeping the gallery layout looking nice at all times even if the last photo you took was a fail. dark UI mode is a big win too, no more need for 3rd party themes for me now as I only ever used dark themes. Iris scanner seemed to work a lot better in low light/ dark, it actually worked in my pitch black bedroom so the IR must be working better now. Fingerprint seemed faster and more reliable too. transition UI animations were fairly nice, slighty iPhone'ish though which isn't a bad thing. Loads of other improvements and changes, other than battery drain and possibly the camera quality needing polishing up, I didn't find anything I did not like about it

Apprentice

So far it sounds very good, but I guess we will completely find out until they finally realease the official beta .

Top Liked Authors