Support

Open search

One UI beta. UK S9 version.

Explorer
Yep, BTU is unlocked
Highlighted
Navigator

Oh cool so it's just the SIM then really that's on a contract although we pay some towards the phone. So my provider was right then when he said it does support the beta. WHEN they roll it out if they decide to 

Explorer
Yeah it's not down to what SIM card you have in the phone, if the phone is factory unlocked and from samsung it will be BTU (which is just the software on the phone) my phone was originally bought on contract with three, so I had bloatware, and logo on bootup etc, but I was running a slightly different software on my phone, each network like to have Thier own stuff built into the software, meaning it's not just stock software like you get on SIM free/bought directly from samsung, I flashed BTU on my phone and it's now allowed me to be eligible for the beta as I now have stock firmware and I follow the BTU/XEU update path, this is also the reason why you sometimes have to wait ages for updates on certain networks as they can be very slow to do what they want to do to the updates.
Navigator

So this phone was unlocked all along then being BTU does it stand for anything? 

Explorer
I'm not sure what it stands for, but essentially if it has BTU firmware out of the box, it will be unlocked to all networks,

If it's locked to a network and you flash BTU firmware onto it, it won't unlock the phone, and it will probably cause a lot of mayhem on the phone, the CSC is simply the software that you are running, but if your phone is unlocked like mine (It's three's policy that all Thier phones are unlocked) I can flash BTU on there with no issues and have acess to the updates sooner as it doesn't have the tailored software on it
Navigator

@Pesty95 wrote:
I'm not sure what it stands for, but essentially if it has BTU firmware out of the box, it will be unlocked to all networks,

If it's locked to a network and you flash BTU firmware onto it, it won't unlock the phone, and it will probably cause a lot of mayhem on the phone, the CSC is simply the software that you are running, but if your phone is unlocked like mine (It's three's policy that all Thier phones are unlocked) I can flash BTU on there with no issues and have acess to the updates sooner as it doesn't have the tailored software on it

Sorry but i have to disagree with your last part, it will not cause any mayhem, I have flashed many locked device with BTU & XEU no problems with calls or wifi or bluetooth or geographic location. 

You can flash to BTU & use the update.zip to get the latest ZRKA beta One Ui.. 

I have locked EE s9+ that came with EVR on it, flashed with BTU straight out the box, not a problem since, no blowtware forced upon me & able to receive OTA direct from Samsung not having to wait for slow as carriers lol..

Beta is lovely, really like it man. 

Screenshot_20181121-134037_Settings.jpg

Explorer
Is that official or is that the update.zip?
Explorer
Fair enough, I wasn't too sure on my last bit, I read on some other forums it would cause issues since it isn't unlocked, but thanks for letting me know
Pathfinder

There is no official UK release yet

Explorer
Apologies the official beta uk or the update.zip
Top Liked Authors