Support

Open search

One UI beta. UK S9 version.

Apprentice

@Barcas25 wrote:

Ok so I'm on H3g, I had the big security update about a week or so ago and now I have literally just had a 61mb update pushed through to take me from brj3 to brj6!

The plot thickens! Three phones are son unlocked but obviously have their firmware on them so is this just that update or are all s9s actually going to get the beta. Also in the USA 2 networks got the beta, can't remember which 2 but it's on sammobile. Talk about muddying the waters

You should look in an other direction (Germany). Only unlocked devices (DBT) are there eligible to join the beta.

Explorer
That's what I mean, last year the info was uniform across the board, carrier free unlocked devices only. But this this year it's so conflicting and varied soooo I'll sit and wait and see.
Explorer

Your spot on. Samsung Members crashes on opening notices tab

Pathfinder

No doubt it will be the same, carriers are bad enough getting normal updates out in good time, highly doubtful they would A: Waste their time with a beta update that might cause problems on users phones, in which case the carrier would be liable, or B: Even be sent the beta by Samsung to push out in the first place

The Samsung members app is a contract between you and Samsung saying you accept the risks of running beta software, it has nothing to do with carriers

Almost 100% certainty it will only be available to unlocked devices running unbranded firmware that receives updates direct from Samsung, not from a carrier, this is a Samsung beta, it must come from Samsung, which means you cannot be running carrier firmware

Explorer

Please forgive me if I’m being stupid but is the beta out now in the UK, your saying when you open Samsung members and go to Notices it crashes, it doesn’t for me it just says no notices I have a fully unlocked UK version of the S9 64GB?

Explorer
Not yet bud
Highlighted
Explorer

@Dave-S7 wrote:

No doubt it will be the same, carriers are bad enough getting normal updates out in good time, highly doubtful they would A: Waste their time with a beta update that might cause problems on users phones, in which case the carrier would be liable, or B: Even be sent the beta by Samsung to push out in the first place

The Samsung members app is a contract between you and Samsung saying you accept the risks of running beta software, it has nothing to do with carriers

Almost 100% certainty it will only be available to unlocked devices running unbranded firmware that receives updates direct from Samsung, not from a carrier, this is a Samsung beta, it must come from Samsung, which means you cannot be running carrier firmware

Ever feel like our community is generally more knowledgeable than the actual customer services? I asked a question recently and got a completely unrelated answer, in the end I solved it myself. 

Explorer

BTU for the win 

Pathfinder

Same goes for Samsung on twitter, and from my experience also carriers lack much techical knowledge, if, for example, I ask a question about why O2U CSC is still waiting for the August update while BTU CSC is already running the Sept update, they have no idea what I am talking about and give a generic reply of "We're sure the update will be with you soon, keep checking for updates!", either that or "Please DM us with further info, we cannot replicate this problem" - the front line support guys just have a computer with a pre-set list of questions to ask and solutions to those, most of the time "Reboot your phone" - "Reinstall the app" - or "Are you running the latest version of the app/firmware" - fairly useless things that 99% of us technically minded people will have already done first before contacting anyone, they are not trained to the level we need for things like CSC, and they are also running from the same dates for betas as we were, from Samsung's site, so if Samsung make an error as they did, then all support staff will do the same. Communities like this and XDA are WAY more useful than support staff, I never use support unless I'm getting annoyed that my phone is 3 months out of date vs another CSC

Explorer

@Dave-S7 wrote:

Same goes for Samsung on twitter, and from my experience also carriers lack much techical knowledge, if, for example, I ask a question about why O2U CSC is still waiting for the August update while BTU CSC is already running the Sept update, they have no idea what I am talking about and give a generic reply of "We're sure the update will be with you soon, keep checking for updates!", either that or "Please DM us with further info, we cannot replicate this problem" - the front line support guys just have a computer with a pre-set list of questions to ask and solutions to those, most of the time "Reboot your phone" - "Reinstall the app" - or "Are you running the latest version of the app/firmware" - fairly useless things that 99% of us technically minded people will have already done first before contacting anyone, they are not trained to the level we need for things like CSC, and they are also running from the same dates for betas as we were, from Samsung's site, so if Samsung make an error as they did, then all support staff will do the same. Communities like this and XDA are WAY more useful than support staff, I never use support unless I'm getting annoyed that my phone is 3 months out of date vs another CSC

It's just really bad that average Joe's like us (no offence) have a natural ability to just learn this stuff and figure it out ourselves when people paid to do it haven't got a clue about the basics. Mate we could go in there and revoloutionise their whole customer services! 

Top Liked Authors