Support

Open search

One UI beta. UK S9 version.

Pathfinder

I would flash the update.zip but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Samsung Members app will not allow us to register if we are already running the Pie Beta

No idea if this is would be the case, but I really don't want to have to wipe my phone yet again

Explorer

Yes I don't want to wipe my phone I guess we will wait for this Notice to appear, hoepfhope very soon!!

Navigator

@Abss9uk wrote:

Yes I don't want to wipe my phone I guess we will wait for this Notice to appear, hoepfhope very soon!!

I always do a full wipe with new firmware I'd always advise that that's why I flashed the beta because when it finally does come out for us in the UK I'll do a full wipe back then setup with the beta firmware. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Ok so I'm on H3g, I had the big security update about a week or so ago and now I have literally just had a 61mb update pushed through to take me from brj3 to brj6!

The plot thickens! Three phones are son unlocked but obviously have their firmware on them so is this just that update or are all s9s actually going to get the beta. Also in the USA 2 networks got the beta, can't remember which 2 but it's on sammobile. Talk about muddying the waters

Pathfinder

From what I remember about the Nougat beta on the S7, you needed the unlocked XEU/BTU firmware, possible BRJ6 is needed for this update but doesn't necessarily mean every CSC that recieves it will be the offered the beta, and I would be surprised if carrier CSCs get it as they rely on their carrier for firmware updates, not direct from Samsung as the unlocked CSCs receive them

Explorer

Well that's what I thought and for my s7 I had to put it on but to get the beta so that's what I'm expecting to do this time, it's just the info this time round is different. However all the info this year is conflicting and confusing so I'm just waiting till it kicks off and see what happens then change if I need to.

Pathfinder

The reason I changed my CSC early was because the beta program is first come first served, once all places are filled you won't be able to register, same happened with the Nougat beta, so just in case there is a flood of people registering the second it goes live, I want to be one of those people

Explorer
What is CSC? And what are the things that we can do ATM to make sure we get onto the registration for the beta
Pathfinder

Psst... read the thread lol

Explorer

Anyhow it's worth the wait but the bugs are funny tbh

Top Liked Authors