Support

Open search

One UI beta. UK S9 version.

Explorer

All sounds good dave. I can't wait for the beta but just can't be bothered with odin any more. I always reset my phone after a big update so I'll wait for official ota. I'm not reseting twice cos it takes so long to get all installed again. 

Navigator

@Beelzebub wrote:

All sounds good dave. I can't wait for the beta but just can't be bothered with odin any more. I always reset my phone after a big update so I'll wait for official ota. I'm not reseting twice cos it takes so long to get all installed again. 

Same here, I have installed the beta on top on the orio build I had because when I can get officially invited I'll do a full wipe and re-install Oreo then accepts the beta ota 

Pathfinder

Yea I hate having to set my phone back up as well but I was running the wrong firmware from day 1 to get this beta (O2U carrier FW), so I was always going to have to flash the unbranded firmware anyway, so had a play about with the beta for a couple days first before flashing to XEU ready for the official update. Got to say though, battery life has massively improved since resetting, as it did with my S7 back in the day

Explorer

Battery drain seems ok. Probably needs to re-learn. Don't like new navigation bar. Preferred the pop-up one in Oreo. Will flash back when I have an afternoon spare.

Explorer

American Express app works well the fingerprint. NatWest App doesn't scale properly but works with passcide, finger print doesn't work.

Facial / Iris recognition seems faster.

Phone just made a screeching noise and played through the headphones almost blowing my eardrums out despite having miss volume selected whilst at the same time playing out the speaker. Strange.

Themes seems ok but I dislike the new Icons and the sizing. Quite shocked this is the quality of the beta. Just did the cricket screeching Asian l again on a Microsoft Teams notification. Headphones out....

Navigator

S9+ (SM-G965F) update.zip

www.mega.nz/#!ZQZAzCCT!65m6DyYyykZfQHJ_BarJe-UZ_ioYZg4O--4527BSCrU
S9 PLUS version.

S9 (SM-G960F) update.zip

www.mega.nz/#!gERiSKZD!jJx6Bxm1GRYiXSC0tdcyH-kc76FBq-M3dIQq3SzeojE
S9 NOT PLUS version.

Pathfinder

Did you reset after upgrading? Solves a lot of problems apparently

Navigator

Screenshot_20181122-182049_Settings.jpg

My battery life has been good, cant say I've noticed any drain issues 

Highlighted
First Poster

Has anybody else got the problem of not been able to change theme, aod and icons etc. When I go it to settings to change them it shows me other items but faded out and I am unable to select them. I am on the beta and have done a full reset 

Pathfinder

What is your Screen on Time? Looks like the battery took quite a dive in about 5-6 hours there if the full usage is just under 12 - pretty much from about 95% > 37% in 5-6 hours

You should be able to see it by pressing those 3 dots top right of your screenshot and change view modes

Top Liked Authors