Support

Open search

One UI beta. UK S9 version.

Navigator

@Smith2 wrote:
ThreeInTouch? Good use of the word crappy, for sure 😆 I don't have it installed anymore - baked into Android now for networks (pull down your notification bar and you should see a "Wifi Calling" icon in there somewhere). Don't know about other networks, but you need to be on 3's firmware for that to work. Correct me if you discover otherwise. Can't remember if I was on XEU or BTU before.

This of course.... may then break should we ever get the Pie beta 😆

yeah that crappy app. i dont have it installed. and im on the BTU firmware.

but ive had proof its working, was on airplane mode and i was able to call someone.

Jamie Warren
Voyager

@Smith2 wrote:
Ohhhh I hope not limited to BTU/XEU. I used to be on that, but flashed over to H3G for Wifi Calling. Not to hard to flash back over though if necessary - might just mean missing the "batch". Dubious if the beta has been live in the UK for potentially over 34 hours and no one on this forum has reported receiving it 😆

Thanks for sharing!

Flash it back. I flashed to H3G and when I flashed back then hard reset my phone it worked on wifi calling. Now I have a XEU phone that supports 4G supervoice and WiFi calling. Just a thought. 

Woody'S9+
Voyager
No 3 InTouch either
Woody'S9+
Highlighted
Apprentice
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Recommend flashing XEU or BTU? Any idea which one generally gets releases quicker?
Explorer

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the beta being a H3G phone, :/ don't want to flash it as I'll trip knox and not be able to use banking,  it's a shame we got lots of contradictory information yesterday, unfair on people on locked networks, I'll just but my phone outright next time......

Explorer
Yeah - exactly the reason why I bought the phone directly from Samsung.
It actually came out cheaper than getting it on contract + not stuck with it for 2 years. I've got myself a Plusnet SIM, £10 a month for 1000 minutes, unlimited msgs and 5gb data.
Explorer
See the reason I went for a contract phone this time is because three did a deal and over the 2 years it worked out cheaper than buying the phone outright including the tarrif, wish I had spent the extra now and not worried about carriers being a$$holes -.-
Apprentice

This is so stupid! I am on EE: BRJ3, EVR

Which means I will never get the beta update just because... So unfair! 

I don't know if I want to stay with Samsung next year, seriously,  I am thinking about switching to Huawei, at least they have the latest software on many of their phones.

Explorer
I live in Yorkshire, the middle of nowhere. I'm an IT Conultant so when I've told them I've re-flashed the firmware I mean it. Curry's end up taking the TVs away, keeping them for several months and then giving me a voucher. I can't believe the amount of bad luck I've had with their TVs. Mind we've moved the 5 year old 46 inch Samsung LED from the bedroom down stairs into the Lounge whilst I decide what new TV to get, mind, the Smart Hub is screwed on that! Considering a Q8CAM but if it breaks I'll likely hang myself. Maybe time for an LG. Got an 8 year old LG washing machine. It's never missed a beat.
Navigator

@Sebillion wrote:

This is so stupid! I am on EE: BRJ3, EVR

Which means I will never get the beta update just because... So unfair! 

I don't know if I want to stay with Samsung next year, seriously,  I am thinking about switching to Huawei, at least they have the latest software on many of their phones.

You do realise it isnt samsung who changes the software for each carrier, EE modifies the firmware before they sell it. they do the same will all the phones that they sell.

Jamie Warren
Top Liked Authors