Support

Open search

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland.

Explorer

@Jorge25 wrote:
I like to comment about new update Android Pie for Samsung S9 Plus after i have installed two days ago.
I received two days ago update Android Pie for my S9 Plus and after update to android Pie Bixby give me wrong information about Weather every time and some times Bixby crashes and i have to restart the phone because i can't do anything, even the bottom to switch the phone off on the right side of the phone refuses to work because Bixby block everything. I have I tried to clear catch and data on application Bixby and weather application that comes with the phone to see if i reset everything works but still the same, before updating to android Pie everything was working perfectly (Android 8).
I'm sad now because i have one nice phone and some things don't work well.
I have send the report log to Samsung and I'm waiting for replay if I'm going to get anyway!.
I'm very sad 😔

Factory reset should fix it 

First Poster

I got the upgrade turns out I was on a unsupported firmware so I asked on another site flashed the correct firmware for my device and low and behold it was pie so all good

Apprentice

Are you locked on a network and how did you do it

First Poster
I'm not network locked no but turns out I was on bk2 firmware which wasn't developed for the UK so I flashed the recommend firmware via odin and boom I was stuck on the November security patch too so I knew that wasn't great
Apprentice
Hey s9 users, how's your battery life? I barely get 5hrs SoT with normal usage (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, camera, just admiring the screen) and my brightness is set very close to minimum. What's your battery life like on your own s9? BTW I'm on one ui and my phone is barely 2 months old now. Even when it was on oreo, the battery life wasn't so good. Is this normal?
Apprentice

Hi,  As a newbie to Samsung phones I too notice that battery life is not a strong point for the S9, mine too is not great compared to previous phones I have had. I get around 4 to 5 hrs SOT and still running Oreo,  but I am disappointed to see there are no improvements with Pie either. Not that it matters as it is STILL not available for a lot of S9s in the UK yet. My son got the update on his Honour 10 before Christmas. 

Explorer

Updated on O2 last night, nothing to get excited about.

I usually tell folk never to trust the weather forcast. However Bixby has just gone the extra length and predicted that there will be rain and snow (wait for it!) in 7hrs and 7mins! That is pretty precise! I will be keeping an eye on the clock!

Navigator

My s9 still broke after I flashed pie onto it

Explorer

@matthewredgrave wrote:

I have private mailed you. I have replied to your posts on more than one occasion asking you to post SCREENSHOTS OF EVERY FILE YOU DOWNLOADED! I can't make it anymore clear than that. You've not told me it you've got S9 or S9+ either. 

Explorer

@matthewredgrave wrote:

The phone ain't going to fix itself. You've most likely installed the wrong files to your phone.

Top Liked Authors