Support

Open search

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland.

Pathfinder
Be that as it may I'd much rather wait for it to be available on my phone as opposed to downloading some ROM online (only firmware sites I'd trust are Sammobile or XDA) even if I was to download it online. I want the update but I'm not that desperate
Apprentice
Do whatever you want I'm just trying to help the community if you see I just uploaded pictures
Pathfinder
Is your device a UK model or US?
Apprentice
UK from Vodafone
Navigator

@claustile2589 wrote:

I posted today the ***** link 8 times or 9 times done mine and y love it  fallow the steps and in maximum  30 min it's done  I was pised  aswel had from s5 to s9+ and never get the updates 

What a stupid comment you have made there!? Have you not thought that people might not be as clued up as some other peple when it comes to using Odin etc? the build that you have flashed is not the 100% correct build for the uk market! it should state XEU/XEU/XEU or BTU/BTU/BTU, yours states XEU/XEU/TIM which is for the italian market also by the look of the build number aswell it looks like its a verison behind the one that is being sent out now.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Wathever
Navigator

People are best off flashing BTU specific firmware for unlocked UK devices. Of course you can flash any official foreign firmware but it can lead to baseband/modem issues and even problems with not being able to flash back to the original firmware you were previously on because Samsung have recently opted to make the bootloader un-downgradable on some phones and tablets. 

I recently ran into that problem with my S7 with Oreo firmware on my EE S7... I flashed BTU firmware on my locked EE phone, which went fine, but I couldn't flash back to EE firmware because it was classed as a downgrade.... So I had to wait about a month and a half for EE to release the next firmware.

So in terms of flashing these Pie firmwares from other countries... I just wouldn't risk it

Navigator

It's just started rolling out in Slovenia.... 🤨

According to someone on Reddit

SmartSelect_20190116-120409_Reddit.jpg

First Poster

What the hell Samsung! This is stupid. Why can't they just roll it out to the UK? If so hard atleast tell us what is the problem is.

Navigator

@EmmGee1 wrote:

It's just started rolling out in Slovenia.... 🤨

According to someone on Reddit

SmartSelect_20190116-120409_Reddit.jpg

Moving to Slovenia!!! God they must hate us westerners! 

Top Liked Authors