Support

Open search

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland.

Pathfinder

Sadly not. I'm rather new to Android myself (S6 Edge was my first Android, S9 second and current) so I haven't looked at rooting yet sorry

Highlighted
Navigator

https://youtu.be/TVsYd1rlMKo

Check that ROM out... And it was 6 months ago so the build would be a hell of a lot better now in terms of stability and features

Explorer

Just me that's sitting checking for updates every 10 mins?😂😂

Pathfinder
I'll take a look. Cheers mate
Pathfinder
I think so 😂
Navigator

@EmmGee1 wrote:

Jokes aside... Any of you guys rooted your device at all recently? I used to root and install custom ROMs on all my phones but haven't done since I got my S9+. I didn't want to trigger the Knox counter. But after seeing all the AOSP ROMs available for our device I'm definitely tempted! Especially now mist of them are running 9.0.... just wondered if you had dabbled?

I'm an ex developer from XDA, (search Garner) I've always had android devices since 2009 the LG G1 days 😉. This is seriously the only device I've never rooted, AOSP ROMs that are out for it are not that appealing as of yet. Loved the pixel devices for development though the newer Samsung range I.e. this is alot more powerful than the pixel series as of yet that's the reason I jumped ship 😊

Apprentice
ITS THE END OF THE MONTH. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE LOOK ON SETTINGS- APPS- SAMSUNG EXPERIENCE it has the date 01-31 so it will be the end of the month. BUT hopefully that's not the date for when it comes out in the UK cause I look to c if it's there every second and I'm getting pissed off now cause they have a favourite Country obviously, they give it to their favourites first
Explorer

I can't see the date anywhere when I click on Samsung experience

Navigator

@Garner wrote:

@EmmGee1 wrote:

Jokes aside... Any of you guys rooted your device at all recently? I used to root and install custom ROMs on all my phones but haven't done since I got my S9+. I didn't want to trigger the Knox counter. But after seeing all the AOSP ROMs available for our device I'm definitely tempted! Especially now mist of them are running 9.0.... just wondered if you had dabbled?

I'm an ex developer from XDA, (search Garner) I've always had android devices since 2009 the LG G1 days 😉. This is seriously the only device I've never rooted, AOSP ROMs that are out for it are not that appealing as of yet. Loved the pixel devices for development though the newer Samsung range I.e. this is alot more powerful than the pixel series as of yet that's the reason I jumped ship 😊

Well blow me side ways Garner!! A fellow XDA'er!! I'm thinking that once this main pie update has been and gone that maybe in a few months I might start flashing ROMs again just to at least be upto date with Google's main releases. I actually thought Linage was looking pretty slick now for the S9?

Navigator

@EmmGee1 wrote:

@Garner wrote:

@EmmGee1 wrote:

Well blow me side ways Garner!! A fellow XDA'er!! I'm thinking that once this main pie update has been and gone that maybe in a few months I might start flashing ROMs again just to at least be upto date with Google's main releases. I actually thought Linage was looking pretty slick now for the S9?

Been on XDA since 2009 😬 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2109738 

I thought linage for the galaxy s9 was just an improved version of touchwizz/One UI whatever they want to call it these days. Project treble is the best think since they did the Nexus experience software on the galaxy S4...that was 6 years ago wow! I was in Turkey on holiday when that was released 😆

Top Liked Authors