Support

Open search

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland.

Navigator
It was fake information
Explorer

Sad, I soo can't wait until the official release of One UI

Explorer
I dont understand why Samsung UK even released the Beta here if we are to be the last to receive it?
below is an up to date list of countries where the official pie has been released. most didn't even take part in the beta yet they have access to the full release already?

Countries where Galaxy S9 Android Pie update is rolling out
Germany
Switzerland
Italy
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Netherlands
Turkey
Poland
France
Spain
Vietnam
Israel
Hungary
Malaysia
India
South Korea
Russia
Sweden

Poor treatment of your UK customer base Samsung
Samsung Note 9
Samsung Galaxy watch 4g 42mm
Gear Icon x 2018
Pathfinder
It's ridiculous, put it simply. I'm currently engaged in a live chat with a Samsung support and I've asked them about this. I've had the standard "let me read through your enquiry" message but nothing beyond that for 10 minutes
Highlighted
Apprentice

I wouldn't have thought it was too difficult to tell us what date its being released? 

Pathfinder
Nor me. Other companies such as Microsoft and Apple among others do this with their respective software updates so why can't Samsung do this?
Explorer

Any more news anyone?

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Helpgizmo1 wrote:

I wouldn't have thought it was too difficult to tell us what date its being released? 

And imagine what the uproar would be if that date slipped for whatever reason.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Superuser I
Superuser I

@CalumJ wrote:
Nor me. Other companies such as Microsoft and Apple among others do this with their respective software updates so why can't Samsung do this?

Because Apple make iOS themselves just for iPhones and iPads and do not allow any interference from the networks as iPhones are not branded.

The only influence is Carrier Updates.

Android isn't created by Apple so it's much more fractured as Samsung like other manufacturers add their own skin and spin onto Android and then release it to unbranded Samsung phones.

Networks ask Samsung to hold back the rollout to branded phones until they've tested it to ensure it doesn't clash with their version of the software already on the phone  along with network imposed apps etc.

Its then sent out in waves according to country and build and serial number. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Our Samsung Support is still coordinating to Google for the latest Software updates here in UK.

This is what I got from when I spoke to Samsung support.

Top Liked Authors