Support

Open search

One UI Feedback

Explorer

@Scooter89 wrote:
Anyone noticed any issues with receiving notifications 🤔 my Gmail notifications have ceased 🙄 I've disabled them and enabled them and still nothing 😴

Are you using power saving mode? I've had this issue specifically with Gmail, even without restricting background data in power saving settings. Also with other apps though, so I sent in a report or whatever, and the answer I got was to only use power saving modes when necessary, "because it has several limitations on the phone's functionality". Which is a total non-answer to the issue itself.... but yes, that was my experience.

I also notice some other notifications being unreliable, even without turning on power saving mode though...

Explorer

@Gbr wrote:

@Scooter89 wrote:
Anyone noticed any issues with receiving notifications 🤔 my Gmail notifications have ceased 🙄 I've disabled them and enabled them and still nothing 😴

Are you using power saving mode? I've had this issue specifically with Gmail, even without restricting background data in power saving settings. Also with other apps though, so I sent in a report or whatever, and the answer I got was to only use power saving modes when necessary, "because it has several limitations on the phone's functionality". Which is a total non-answer to the issue itself.... but yes, that was my experience.

I also notice some other notifications being unreliable, even without turning on power saving mode though...

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do use power saving mode, same as you so that will be the issue then. However, I've always used power saving mode and NEVER had this issue before this new One UI/Pie update. 

Just Browsing

the new UI is trash I need the old one back please help.

Hi,

I have done the Android Pie update with One UI update. After that, Came across following bugs so far;

1. Text messages notifications does not show in my Galaxy Gear Sport though the notification is allowed on Wearable Manager.
  2. Edge lighting is not available for Samsung Music App. 

Please let me know any fixes for above.

TIA !

KasunDS

Explorer

@Scooter89 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do use power saving mode, same as you so that will be the issue then. However, I've always used power saving mode and NEVER had this issue before this new One UI/Pie update. 

Yeah, same here, I also used to have it on pretty much all the time, without any problem. Which is why I was baffled enough to actually inquire. Which inquiry resulted in... well, nothing at all, except for more bafflement. It's a feature that's practically breaking functionality, but they say it's working as intended. Like... idk. It's a big headscratch for me, much like the entirety of One UI tbh.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have just tested the latest build on February 8th 2019 and many of the issues have been fixed except:

Apprentice

I have tested the latest build on February 8th 2019, most issues have been fixed, but these issues remain outstanding:

SmartThings still does not show devices that are plugged into the phone.

YouTube pip still does not work when switching apps.

I believe these two issues are app-based and require an app update for both. As for one UI, the spilt is nearly perfect.

First Poster

So, I have my back and recents buttons and indicators hidden and I use the swipe gestures. When I'm using the keyboard, it doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the screen like in the picture attached. It's just replaced by an empty block of space. 

Screenshot_20190216-102815_Samsung Notes.jpg

Explorer
This is for comfort when typing on the keyboard. Read it somewhere on another forum. Although the empty space can be annoying, it does actually make sense and I see the point. I used to get sore thumbs but haven't really had an issue with it since the update.

First Poster

Oh I see, fair enough. Thank you, it makes sense now. 

Top Liked Authors