One UI Feedback

Explorer

@AliceVonderlust wrote:

Sure there are a few bugs here and there, including:

SmartThings not showing up when I plug in devices

Dobly Atmos does not turn on by default after reboot

Slow animation on the lock screen

YouTube PIP stops when switching

Once these bugs are fixed, one UI / Android pie would be the best version for the Samsung smartphones. I would never go back to Android Oreo / Experience UI ever again. It has fixed a lot of problems in my life.

My DolbyAtmos was on after reboot πŸ€”. I had to disable the step counter as that was pinned to the notification menu. I always have that turned off and that turned itself back on again. My banking app wouldn't work, after an uninstall then reinstall it worked. I guess each device is different though. I don't like how the emoji keyboard automatically goes back to the recents screen. 

I'm slowly getting used to the new layout etc. I have no doubt it's a step in the right direction. No one likes change, but change is good.

Apprentice

Not every change is necessary, but the one UI was a necessary change because it's fixed many issues that I was having with the previous experience UI. One UI is an excellent update despite the bugs still present. 

Just because Dolby Atmos has a blue light on doesn't mean that it is actually turned on after reboot. Make sure you double-check that.

I believe the reason why the other Samsung phones haven't received the one UI update is because there are still bugs present, but we with newer devices get the one UI sooner.

First Poster

Only a tiny bug but with dark mode active Samsung music in the notification area doesn't follow the dark theme which is a shame.

Screenshot_20190209-195608_Nova Launcher.jpg

Apprentice
Why change the camera oreo was great this one sucks. Why do android developers force people to constantly relearn their phone. New camera is slower and low light pictures are terrible and layout is completely different. My speaker phone is lower, now speakers make a vibrating sound when listening to music but not when low or headphones. 60 percent of my apps no longer work. Voicemail crashes immediately after opening there are other apps. Some like Samsung+ open and then freeze. I am reinstalling oreo
First Poster
Thank you!! That was driving me nuts.

I wish that was the only thing that I hated =[
First Poster

Not sure if already brought up, but this issue seems to come and go for me. There is a significant amount of dead space at the bottom of the samsung keyboard, which leads to the keyboard taking up far too much space on the screen..

Screenshot_20190210-072716_Settings Suggestions.jpg

Explorer

Yes, I get this too. I find it rather annoying. 

Screenshot_20190210-131943_Chrome.jpg

Explorer

@Lolabloo wrote:
Thank you!! That was driving me nuts.

I wish that was the only thing that I hated =[

Haha you're welcome. 

What else don't you like about the new software? 

Apprentice

Use gboard and it will solve the problem. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Shouldn't have to install another keyboard to get round a software issue πŸ™„. When you disable the nav buttons or hide the gesture keys the space should disappear IMO, not just be an empty space πŸ€” that's just my opinion though πŸ˜„

Top Liked Authors