Support

Open search

One UI Feedback

Voyager

@Tosha wrote:

So my samsung galaxy s8 plus updated to the new pie i was excited but i absolutely hate it. I thought it was suppose to be more customizable but it doesnt have anything that Oreo had. I mean you cant even change chat bubbles on messenger, schedule a message to be sent at a certain time. I mean this is horrible and I wish I knew how to reinstall Oreo an get rid of this dump. I love my S8+ but im literally thinking about buying a new phone with Oreo. So please fix this. I hate how to messenger layout with that big bulky half screen that says Messages. Worst software layout that samsung ever came out with. 

It's designed to be easier to use one handed apparently, hence the gap up top, keep things more in reach. 

But google pie to oreo and read up on how to reinstall oreo. See if it's something you feel comfortable with doing. 

First Poster

Do you know how to turn off or get rid of the recent apps displayed on the bottom of the screen when you're in the "close apps" screen? It's not useful and only makes an uncomfortable situation for the person sitting next to me seeing I've recently been on Tinder or that I love me some 711 Coffee... lol. Apps.jpg

Voyager

Screenshot_20190405-192112_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't know why you have those icons showing, mine just has whatever is in the background faintly visible. 

Install goodlock from galaxy store then go into the various parts and install them. 

Don't know if it'll cure your issue but still, look loads nicer lol

Apprentice

is this a bug with One UI? you could see that when i went to the app switcher the apps are with normal corners and after a second it goes to curved corners but it should alwalys be curved

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10FZA85_AtKR5k8iia8XDQAG9qj80lAF3/view?usp=sharing

Also on contact list when i click the green phone icon to start a call seems to exists a bit of lag 

Voyager

@hsl19 wrote:

is this a bug with One UI? you could see that when i went to the app switcher the apps are with normal corners and after a second it goes to curved corners but it should alwalys be curved

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10FZA85_AtKR5k8iia8XDQAG9qj80lAF3/view?usp=sharing

Also on contact list when i click the green phone icon to start a call seems to exists a bit of lag 

Google how to wipe cache partition, you won't lose anything and it can fix a lot of random bugs. 

Apprentice

i made a hard reset reently so i dont thinks thats the problem

Highlighted
Voyager

Has anyone had a annoying bug where the bottom speaker stops working randomly throughout the day. It's definitely a software problem. A restart makes it work perfectly. Then when I don't use the phone for a while it happens again when I go to use it. Happens with all apps that require sound. Top speaker works perfectly all the time. I have reported it. It's annoying. Don't like to reset my phone every time I want to watch something or play music to get the bottom speaker working. Anyone have a solution? TIA

Woody'S9+
Apprentice

@Enjay wrote:

@hsl19 wrote:

Google how to wipe cache partition, you won't lose anything and it can fix a lot of random bugs. 

This a a minor UI problem i also see this on a S10

Back for More

I updated and I wish I hadn't.  If I wanted an iPhone I would have purchased an iPhone.  The look, layout, functionality is all very iPhone like.  It looks terrible.

I don't know why there's a massive block for texts messages that takes up so much screen.  The sort of curved notifications looks so wrong.

Why is the clock on the left hand side?  Why are all the buttons so bland?  The settings menu is so basic (like and iPhone) it's hard to find anything. 

I definitely think this is the worst update I have seen, and I hope they decide to put some design in the next one. 

Dolby Atmos doesn't stay on.  Bixby is far worse than it used to be, I actually turned it off.  

It constantly auto calls people.

The new notifcation close function is 100% Apple.

I'm not sure why the Lock Screen now doesn't show the notifications, just the symbols for what notifications are there.  So if I have the AOD the lock screen is completely redundant and useless.  

Samsung, seeing as you're trying so hard to be Apple with this update, you'd think you'd address the issues like Apple does, and fix them. 

Back for More

@Gbr wrote:

I've been using Pie/OneUI for about a month now, had purchased the S9+ not two weeks before that. I have to say, my overall first impression has not changed in this time: it feels half-baked and it looks simply bad; to me, Oreo in less than half that time felt more intuitive and came off as more modern. 

The awful off-white / light grey / dark grey colour scheme with the blue highlight feels forced, not sure why Samsung felt the need to keep this at all. As an option, it would be fine, but having this as the default system theme is just... weird. More akin to cheap plastic phones of old. I know One is supposed to be an all new skin, but it's more like change for change's sake in this regard, and not at all anything that would be a natural evolution of TW or Samsung Experience. While it may fit the overall design language of the appropriate Pixel generation, it's completely detached from anything of Samsung's. And sadly enough, this alien colour scheme carries on to much of the rest of the UI as well. In contrast to this, the icons are all colourful... yet at the same time, viewed on their own, they're kind of dull, flat and uninteresting, unlike the old ones. This again begs the question: why was the change needed? And again, it's system default, there's no "Oreo" theme to go back to if one so wishes. I'm also not sure what happened to Night Mode's scheduler, from what I heard, it was in the beta, and went poof for the final release. It would be nice to have.

To move on from looks to functionality... While I'm sure many enjoy the gestures, personally I find them to be a nuisance. Which is bad, because the only other option if one doesn't like them is the permanent navigation bar, which is still too thick, still has a light background more often than not, and still cannot be customised at all beyond switching the places of the recents/back buttons. Why did gestures need to replace Oreo's hidden navbar option? Why couldn't they be a third option? The overlay was a perfect compromise of having navigation available when needed and not taking up screen real estate when not needed, easy to access with a simple flick from anywhere from the bottom of the screen without mistakenly moving to home instead of recents or the other way around. What's the point of an infinity display if a part of it has to be permanently sacrificed for the navbar, unless we want the risk of flicking from the wrong spot and getting to recents instead of home (or the other way around)? By the way recent apps: can we please get list view back? Not only is this card view highly inefficient when running multiple apps, the way it automatically slides whatever I just sent to the background to the side and brings a previous app to center is utterly maddening, I still couldn't get used to it, making me switch to apps I don't want all the time. Also, Game Tools are now only available from the status bar if we have hidden gestures enabled - I thought the point of One UI was to make everything easily accessible with a thumb on a giant screen? It's not just this bit that's questionable, by the way, there are more than enough lists that start at the top of the screen, never reaching the bottom of it (so there's not a whole lot of items to scroll through) - yet at the same time, other elements like progress indicators have moved all the way to the absolute bottom of the screen? Why?

In addition to all this, Bixby is still here. It's still here and it's still bad, and now the button can't even be switched off, because the only option we get is to pick whether we want to open it with one or two key presses? For the love everything, stop forcing such subpar service onto people, especially on your most expensive, most premium devices. It's practically the epitome of user unfriendliness

All in all, I'm not convinced. One or two details, the aims and goals of One UI are noble enough, but the execution seems to have fallen short and in my opinion ended up being more of an overhaul that simply wasn't needed and is not at home on what constitutes Samsung's own hardware design. I'd rather have Pie with Oreo's Samsung Experience skin, please.

100% agree with this all!  

Top Liked Authors