Support

Open search

OREO UPDATE 8.1 IN THE UK

Highlighted
Explorer

Has anyone ( in the UK) with EE got the Oreo 8.1 update as this should have been out ages ago and with the notification tone issue supposed to be resolved in the update ( I'll believe it if it happens) I'm on he edge of my seat with apathy! Or have any of the moderators got any further info. 

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

As you have a branded phone from your network @Tangoman65 it'll be up to your network to fully test the firmware before they'll allow Samsung to push it out to your phone. 

Firmwares are pushed out in accordance to branded / unbranded status and serial and manufacture date. 

From my own experience both networks and manufacturers won't comment on timeframes. 

I use an unbranded Samsung Galaxy s8 phone bought from Samsung in the UK so my updates are not hindered by networks testing it and i am on Oreo 8.0 and have just had a firmware update yesterday that included bug fixes and the 1st July 18 Security Patch. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Pathfinder

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Firmwares are pushed out in accordance to branded / unbranded status and serial and manufacture date. 

Not true, unbranded handsets are tested by networks too, else how can they guarantee network based features on unlocked handsets.

Firmwares are pushed out, in regional order of testing completion 

Top Liked Authors