Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE UI is HORRIBLE! How can I undo it?!?! HELP! It ruined my Note8!!!!

(Topic created on: 14-04-2019 06:36 PM)
Jacqio1976
Journeyman
Options

What the heck Samsung?! I do what I thought would be a normal update and suddenly I have this thing that looks like a Kindergarten child's phone with rolled back functionality, I lost my themes, and I lost a lot of functionality. My sounds are glitchy and my phone doesn't charge properly now. What did you do? I spent $850 on the this phone because it was PERFECT! Now, I need to find a new phone because I don't want a child's toy with UGLY interface and icons that makes no sense. Curse you Samsung you failed!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jacqio1976 

The One Ui  / Pie update shouldn't have affected the charging of your phone. Can you try a different charging cord and brick and also look inside the charging port using a torch to see if there is a build up of lint / debris.

I appreciate some do not like the new icons etc.

These can be replaced via icon packs or Themes in the Samsung Theme Store.

Goodlock app allowe some really good customisation.

So does alternative launchers such as Nova Prime.

Once the Pie update is accepted you can't rollback as per Samsungs official stance. 

However if you Google Search and go to sites such as xdadevelopers you'll find knowledge.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

It can take a few days for the phone to fully index i.e. settle after an update. And for the apps to fully optimise.

If it's continuing then a good troubleshooting tip is to put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working which can help you determine if this is an app(s) causing this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "