Support

Open search

Not ringing at my end when friends call

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

How do I fix the problem when friends call and my phone does not ring its so infuriating 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

If your preference sound settings look right then as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see if calls sound.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

If your preference sound settings look right then as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see if calls sound.

Current Phone ~

Superuser I
Superuser I
Is it always or just at a specefic time?

In the case of always:
- Make sure that your provider can reach you (No service = No phone that rings, no way around that).
- Press the volume button up, you can expand the menu by swiping down at the little bar indicator and increase the "Ringtone"
First Poster

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I didn't explain properly it's a intermittent fault.  I can get calls in and out, but I can be sitting beside my phone and a friend will call me, but instead of ringing it will go to voicemail .nothing will show on my phone no missed calls or any sign that someone was trying to call me, except a voicemail saying he couldn't get through to me. 

First Poster

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I didn't explain properly it's a intermittent fault.  I can get calls in and out, but I can be sitting beside my phone and a friend will call me, but instead of ringing it will go to voicemail .nothing will show on my phone no missed calls or any sign that someone was trying to call me, except a voicemail saying he couldn't get through to me. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Ah ok.

That then could be the sim card failing or madt congestion / mast issues from your chosen network too  

Current Phone ~

First Poster

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Thank You 

I tried disabling the voicemail but was unable to do it, any suggestions please, or is that a bad idea  .

Pathfinder

The first thing I would try is a sim swap (your provider should help if you explain the problem).

Is it hapenning only in one locaion or when you are in various places?  If only in one place, then that would provide additional support to the congestion theory.

Top Liked Authors