Support

Open search

Not getting android pie

So my problem is I know android pie been around for a few months, my phone was imported to my country from the u.s with the carrier at&t and well now i have my own carrier from my country and i know pie is out here because in my country i see it and well samsung tweeted out that it came a few months ago. 

My question is it possible to manually install the update? Like download the firmware and install it myself instead of checking the software update since its a no go. 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL Moderator
@MigGon1994: As your device was intended for use outside your current region you won't be able to update it due to software variances that exist from region to region. You may wish to try Smart Switch on your home computer, available for PC or MAc via the link below, however I can't guarantee that this will work.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

Once installed, connect your phone via USB cable to your computer and look for an update prompt on the home screen next to your device details. If you don't see a prompt then the update is sadly not available in your region.

What if im able to go to that country, will i be able to download it there? But ill be using my own sim from my country

AndrewL Moderator
The Smart Switch approach would work in the US, however you would need a local US network SIM to complete an update over the air via WiFi.
What if im able to go to that country with my own sim card will i be able to download it there if i connect to wifi?
AndrewL Moderator
No, you would need a US network SIM if the device was originally from the US.
Top Liked Authors