Support

Open search

No Alarm Sound?

Highlighted
Observer

I just happen to come across this problem today. Thank God I woke up early on my own. I read through the chat and did some troubleshooting myself.

I click on my alarm, click the time, try to choose an alarm sound and there is no sound for the preview. My default is the Bixby alarm. I also tried to select a ringtone, and that's when I got the error "unable to play during call".

Clearly I'm not on a call but I remember making a call last night before bed. One on messenger and one on WhatsApp. So the phone probably got stuck on "call" mode somehow or the clock app detects my phone as if I'm still on a call.

Hopefully the Devs could see this issue and possibly fix it.

EDIT: After uploading the image by pressing the camera icon on this post, and choosing files, then selecting the screenshot, my alarm started working again. I also noticed my keyboard's sound is also finally turned on.

If you're facing the same issue as me, I think a restart would do. Though I hope the Devs could look into this.

Screenshot_20200207-082232_Clock.jpg

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a Galaxy S10+ and this has just started happening with mine in the last week. I usually have Do Not Disturb on bit alarms are set as an exception. Have restarted my phone but it still does nothing. Does anybody have a fix for this yet??

Highlighted
First Poster

Did it work after factory reset?

Highlighted
First Poster

I didn't do the reset, I'm reluctant just for the alarm as it takes FOREVER to download all the apps and set it back up again. I downloaded Google clock and have been using that, although my regular clock seems to be working on and off, can't pinpoint yet when and why. But Google clock works!

Highlighted
Apprentice

*****ing hell.

Samsung are now forcing the system updates on me.

Turning off in developer and makes no difference. Called them yesterday and they told me they are no preventing any consumer from preventing upgrades.

I pulled phone out if pocket yesterday needing to be on a call and was going through a system update! Another one! That's two in a week!

Now I slept through alarm this morning, the alarm sound no longer works. The alarm alert appears on my phone but the phone makes no sound and doesn't vibrate.

This is just not on. 

Highlighted

All the sudden, no more sound when I set my alarm.  Since I  ONLY use my cell phone  alarm now, that is not going to work for me. I have already missed a dozen or so alarms. So....I dug online.  The first 2 websites showing up on my Firefox search  were immediately interrupted by my Norton notification that they were scammers.  So make sure you have your antivirus, antimalware active.  Nothing I read here helped, so I decided to uninstall updates to my Android alarm.  Voilla.  That worked for me.  Good luck to you. 

Highlighted

I was experiencing this issue and it started working again after disabling the "Hey Cortana" feature in the Microsoft Launcher.  Maybe check and see if you have any assistant (Google) set to listen for voice prompts and try disabling that.

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes I have had the same problem

I did try a few things I found here. One of them. I don't which. I feel it's only temp.

had this issue with my note8  for a number of aggravating time.

The Win7 64bit stopped recognizing it. I tried it on my wife's Win10 with the same result. I tried every fix I could find.  I was able to transfer files via FTP

Another is that the status bar disappears on all home screens but not with any of the apps .screens. But they do unhide once in a while.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Been having this issue on my Note 10+ ever since Android 10 and OneUI 2.0 update. The alarm should sound regardless of system sound setting. This is also the case on my S20 Ultra that I've setup from scratch without doing a restore. My only work around was to install Google Clock as that works as intended. 

First Poster

A fix that has worked for me is turning on the ring volume (I usually keep my phone on vibrate all the time) and my alarm will sound. When it's on congrats or silent, my alarm stopped sounding. I also turn on so not disturb and turn on alarm for an exception so there's no other alerts. 

Top Liked Authors