Support

Open search

No 4G connection (symbol shows!)

Highlighted

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S9 since 1y and it worked fine. Recently I updated the software to the latest version, and I noticed my 4G doesn't work. The symbol shows, but only the arrow UP is constantly lit. The DOWN arrow is blank. I contacted my provider and they saw no problem. They have given me a new SIM-card, without any result. When I put this SIM-card in an old S6 device, the 4G connection works fine. So I think the problem is with my S9 device. Maybe it has nothing to do with the update, but I think this in not a coincidence.

Anyone has this problem too?

Solution?

Kind regards

Jari

6 REPLIES 6
SaudA Moderator
Hi jari8289

Can you check if 4G is enabled, sometimes the Software update can reset some settings:

1. From the home screen swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Connections.
4. Tap Mobile networks.
5. Tap Network mode.
6. Tap LTE/3G/2G (auto connect).

Also, does the 4G connection not work in any area or is the problem only in certain areas?
"Hello, World!"
First Poster

I have no 4G symbol either on my S9. 

The settings is on 4G.

But if I turn of wifi the 4G or 4G+ symbol comes up.

So I think the S9 prioritaise using wifi and when wifi is not availible S9 goes over to 4G.

First Poster

I have the exact same problem (4G arrow up, sim swapped, no solution). Also did an update recently. I contacted my provider (Proximus Belgium) and they said this is known issue at Samsung. I have changed the settings to only connect through 3G/2G and that works. Don't forget to reboot after you've changed the setting.

First Poster
Btw: it would be nice if someone from Samsung could confirm it this is indeed a known issue.
Apprentice

Here, in Belgium, the same problem. After the update: no 4G anymore. Changing the settings in 3G/2G works, but that isn't a solid solution. Hello, Samsung? A reaction please! We want 4G back!

First Poster

I can confirm the 4G works again with the latest update from August 1. G965FXXU6CSGD

Top Liked Authors