Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode and themes

(Topic created on: 19-02-2019 05:20 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options

Not sure if this will be picked up, but did not know where else to place my request . 

For starters, I had my reservations about going to OneUI due to the layout and icons. However, my reservations have somewhat been appeased and I've made the switch. The thing that saves me at the moment is the night mode functionality,  which I think is brilliant.  The only draw back being that it's not available when I use a theme, which I do to get rid of the ugly new icons. The theme I'm using is dark / night mode itself, but does not flow over to the stock email app and Samsung notes. 

So my question is, would Samsung please make it available for developers of themes to utilise the dark / night option on your native apps. That would just be great. Or, atlesst provide some icons that look better than the default one. It would be super if you did a icon pack  or theme similar to the previous version of Samsung Experience. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Moyah8: I have looked into this for you and it would appear that themes that are compatible with Pie do have night mode functionality, therefore it may be the case that your current theme, even though it works fine, is not intended for use with Pie. If you got to Wallpapers and Themes > Themes and look for the one you're using at the moment you can contact the developers directly to inform them/ask them about compatibility with Pie in the future. Similarly, look for themes intended for use with Android 9.0 as you should find that they work with night mode.

View solution in context

Solution
AnneO
First Poster
Options

Dark mode is only available with default theme.

Forced to one choice of lock screen, fonts, and icons-- or deal with blinding white screens.

Hope the dark mode toggle isn't locked down in future. Perhaps give a 'try' period before applying dark mode if there is concern that text becomes invisible. Give the users some freedom, right?

View solution in context

45 REPLIES 45
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Moyah8: I have looked into this for you and it would appear that themes that are compatible with Pie do have night mode functionality, therefore it may be the case that your current theme, even though it works fine, is not intended for use with Pie. If you got to Wallpapers and Themes > Themes and look for the one you're using at the moment you can contact the developers directly to inform them/ask them about compatibility with Pie in the future. Similarly, look for themes intended for use with Android 9.0 as you should find that they work with night mode.
Moyah8
Voyager
Options

Thanks for that. I'll try contacting the developer of the theme and see what they say. 

Sessy77
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I'm having same kind of issues with the new night mode but my question is, how can I just go back to the regular theme or how to turn it off so I can use the night mode? That's something that I have been trying to figure out n still can't find it in my phone. I would really appreciate it if you could look into this for me  thank you.

Cecilia P  

Weirdchild
First Poster
Options

When you go to the Samsung Theme app. Go to Theme and you'll have to use the "Default" theme that cane with the phone. Ot should be under "My themes."

Duglish
First Poster
Options

This worked. Took a couple of tries but found the default. Switched to it. Then under Display, hit night mode. So I guess I'll most change wallpapers (dark preferred) from now on!

JibranHanif
First Poster
Options

how do o search for themes that are compitable with android pie since u cant search theme store with that kind of pie compitable themes, and also night mode turns off and wont turn if a theme is applied

Sessy77
Apprentice
Options

Thank you  I found it n I fixed it  Maybe I wasn't looking right but I just couldn't find it n I've looked n looked but maybe my eyes were too frustrated to actually see it  

Estubbs
Journeyman
Options

Did you get this worked out? I'm trying to figure out how to search for themes that work on Pie or Android 9.0. 

These icons are killing me, but so is not being able to use night mode 😞

Estubbs
Journeyman
Options

Did you get this worked out? I'm trying to figure out how to search for themes that work on Pie or Android 9.0. 

These icons are killing me, but so is not being able to use night mode 😞

0 Likes