Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode and themes

(Topic created on: 24-04-2019 03:35 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options

Not sure if this will be picked up, but did not know where else to place my request . 

For starters, I had my reservations about going to OneUI due to the layout and icons. However, my reservations have somewhat been appeased and I've made the switch. The thing that saves me at the moment is the night mode functionality,  which I think is brilliant.  The only draw back being that it's not available when I use a theme, which I do to get rid of the ugly new icons. The theme I'm using is dark / night mode itself, but does not flow over to the stock email app and Samsung notes. 

So my question is, would Samsung please make it available for developers of themes to utilise the dark / night option on your native apps. That would just be great. Or, atlesst provide some icons that look better than the default one. It would be super if you did a icon pack  or theme similar to the previous version of Samsung Experience. 

45 REPLIES 45
Moyah8
Voyager
Options

@JibranHanif wrote:

how do o search for themes that are compitable with android pie since u cant search theme store with that kind of pie compitable themes, and also night mode turns off and wont turn if a theme is applied

I find a theme that I have and then in the theme, before I apply it I click the "Same category " button. If this presents a result, then that theme is compatible  and if it doesn't, then it's not compatible.

It's a real pain that non compatible themes are being shown. 

0 Likes
Solution
AnneO
First Poster
Options

Dark mode is only available with default theme.

Forced to one choice of lock screen, fonts, and icons-- or deal with blinding white screens.

Hope the dark mode toggle isn't locked down in future. Perhaps give a 'try' period before applying dark mode if there is concern that text becomes invisible. Give the users some freedom, right?

SB33
First Poster
Options
Andrew how do you get in contact with the developers?
And how do we get the code for which one we want to use.
I've tried 2 themes and the night mode does not work.
Are there any themes that will use Pie(night mode)
0 Likes
Tomcat1873
First Poster
Options

If you keep the default theme and just download a icon pack only in the theme store night mode will work fine. I usually use the default theme and change the icons and Wallpapers manually. 

Moyah8
Voyager
Options

@Tomcat1873 wrote:

If you keep the default theme and just download a icon pack only in the theme store night mode will work fine. I usually use the default theme and change the icons and Wallpapers manually. 

Yes you can do that.  

BUT, I find the icon packs do not have a dynamic date icon.  It just has a static date number. 

So as said before, one is then left with a nice theme and icons and a blinding white background for emails or any other aspect of the UI that the theme does not change. 😞

0 Likes
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
That is true. I totally hate that. As a result i am forced to use the default theme.. Ugly icons and all, just to save my eyes. 😞
0 Likes
Remenyke
First Poster
Options

Question: how would we be able to sort out the themes that are compatible in your "Galaxy Themes" app? Or is default theme the only theme that is compatible?

Moyah8
Voyager
Options

@Remenyke wrote:

Question: how would we be able to sort out the themes that are compatible in your "Galaxy Themes" app? Or is default theme the only theme that is compatible?

What do you mean?

0 Likes
Lucy10
First Poster
Options

Where did you find the default theme.   I have been trying to do this as well and can not find the default . 

0 Likes
Moyah8
Voyager
Options

@Lucy10 wrote:

Where did you find the default theme.   I have been trying to do this as well and can not find the default . 

Go to Themes - scroll up to the top of the page and to the far left is the default theme.