Support

Open search

NFC will not turn on after US Pie update

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I updated my S9+ to Pie last week - huge mistake - and now my NFC will not turn on at all. I only turn it on when I'm about to use Google Pay so I didn't figure it out until I got to the register. Fortunately  I had my card. Has anyone else seen this and/or know how to fix it? Also, I agree that the UI is trash and I wish I could downgrade without a factory reset and restore. Pie was a huge cluster and they need a patch post haste! Anyway, I appreciate your help  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
@EFAN08: To begin with please perform a soft reset to address any temporary software issues that may have arisen after the update. To proceed simply press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If your problem persists please check that the correct features are active to Settings > Connections > NFC and Payment > On > Android Beam (On) > Tap and Pay > Samsung Pay > Back > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Default NFC method > Auto Select.
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL Moderator
@EFAN08: To begin with please perform a soft reset to address any temporary software issues that may have arisen after the update. To proceed simply press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If your problem persists please check that the correct features are active to Settings > Connections > NFC and Payment > On > Android Beam (On) > Tap and Pay > Samsung Pay > Back > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Default NFC method > Auto Select.
First Poster

The soft reset did the trick! Thanks 

Tried all this, NFC still not working .  Very annoyed as I use it to pay for virtually everything these days.  Don't want to go back to Apple but will have to if this can't be solved.

Top Liked Authors