Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 04:09 PM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
NKagarwal
First Poster
Options
Dear please share your firmware version and the S9 model no. So that we can also try flashing the same firmware and check
0 Likes
Quirkyalone
Apprentice
Options

thanks a lot..it actually works...am disappointed in samsung for ignoring this problem

0 Likes
Qryche
Explorer
Options

Hi.

If anyone finds 965F firmare 9.0 with binary 8 just let me know. It is the only option to downgrade. I searched everything and it seems that binary 8 (like mine) was only released with Android 10.

0 Likes
siddhu
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a doubt . Will downgrading android cause any problem . The customer care people say that it wil cause many problem don't do it. So I'm stuck up don't know what to do

0 Likes
Qryche
Explorer
Options

You can downgrade. I have done dozens of times. You won't have any problem.

Since your actual binary is 7 you can flash another firmware with same binary.

It is safe, don't worry.

0 Likes
siddhu
Apprentice
Options
Oh okay ... thank u
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi guys,

I would like to remember all of you that any alteration on the original phone will void the warranty. If any issue is showing with the latest software version please check this with any of our engineers before doing this.

0 Likes
Qryche
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the advice but my S9+ is in like new condition and only started the problems after the Samsung official update and the problem is that the warranty period is over.

Any Samsung engineer will tell me to change the display or the motherboard, when this problem only started after an official update. Even with AOD on, the phone works like it should. So this is originated, probably, by a Samsung error in an update.

Sohel
Student
Options

tldr; Turning auto brightness off and setting brightness to the lowest might work.

---

I have been using the Exynos model for past two years. About a month ago or so the device first exhibited the exact issue all of a sudden. For the time being, only immediate lock-unlock attempts were causing the screen flickering. So, I left it as it was and just kept avoiding immediate unlocking. Anyhow, after maybe a couple of weeks, out of nowhere the screen appeared to be flickering permanently and the device was rendered totally unusable. I tried doing some troubleshooting, factory reset, odin flash, etc. and none of them worked. Could not visit a repair store in this lockdown situation.

Later, I figured that in my case, the screen is working at a very low brightness and partially working at full brightness but not working at all in between. It's just 90% black and 10% green and such. For about a week, I have been using it at a low (i.e. 5% to 10%) brightness. Left the auto brightness, always on display, and screen-on iris recognition settings turned off. I use Bixby or Google Assistant to set the brightness if I can't see the screen. With these setup, it's working for now. As of the software, I am on the latest firmware (May 2020 security patch).

From my observation, the issue had something to do with heating. I am not certain but I feel like the issue occurs more frequently if the device is used for prolonged period and heated up due to gaming or mobile data usage. I would suggest anyone who is stuck during this time before you can repair, should your device work at a low brightness then clean up the phone, get rid of unnecessary apps, games and reduce/avoid long usage that cause heating. Also leave the medium power saving mode on as it limits the CPU usage which supposedly help reducing the heating as well.

Long post, should be all from me. This seems to be a long year. Stay home and safe.

Sh_b
Journeyman
Options
I accept when the phone is heat up the green screen stay more longer , and when the screen bright increases just the green lines disappear and also if in green screen you restart the phone its also appear again after phone started .but its solved for me by use the AOD and unlock the screen by home button .
The "OLED Saver" application which was suggested by a friend in this community is also helpful.
I am disappoint Samsung do anything for us ,its their problem and they can not solve it.
0 Likes