Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 04:49 PM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
siddhu
Apprentice
Options

Okay i understand waht you are saying. But i have a doubt. I'm also using android 10. It means i also can't downgrade my android version ?. And morever when downgrading the baseband version also gets downgraded to the old one. Is that correct?

0 Likes
NKagarwal
First Poster
Options

Yes you are correct I am also facing same issue. You cannot downgrade your bootloader. It doesn't allow.

@Qryche wrote:

My Baseband from Android 10 is G965FXXU8DTC5, so it is Bootloader 8 and there isn´t any firmware from Android 9 with the same Bootloader.

Since it is impossible to downgrade the bootloader, I can´t flash a previous Android firmware from Android 9.

0 Likes
NKagarwal
First Poster
Options

Bootloader you cannot downgrade.

The android can be downgraded.

So you need to have firmware with lower android version but same or higher bootloader.

0 Likes
NKagarwal
First Poster
Options

Bootloader you cannot downgrade.

The android can be downgraded.

So you need to have firmware with lower android version but same or higher bootloader.

Bootloader and android version are two different things.

0 Likes
NKagarwal
First Poster
Options

@siddhu wrote:

I'm also facing the same issue. I called the customer care and reported my problem . They said me to take my phone to the nearest service center . I took it the nearest samsung service center and they said it is the problem of display. Display should be changed  . Then i said i got this problem only after the update. They said then we can change the software and check . Even after changing new software I have the same issue. 

They say that it is th problem of display.And the price of display is too much. Even my warranty got expired last month. I demand samsung to have end problem.

Try to get a older version of the android installed. May be it can solve the problem. The new S9 is available in 

0 Likes
Qryche
Explorer
Options

There are no firmware with same or higher BL for my 965F... i searched sammobile and nothing...

0 Likes
NKagarwal
First Poster
Options
I too stuck up with same issue. No forward with android 9 and same or higher BL
0 Likes
siddhu
Apprentice
Options

You tried android 9 ?? Did it solve the screen flickering?

0 Likes
siddhu
Apprentice
Options

My bootloader version is G965FXXSD7DTB1. I saw an  android 9 version with PDA number G965FFXXUG7CSJ1. I think both bootloader are 7. Guys,I need ur help to answer me whether this version 9 and bootloader can be installed in my phone

0 Likes
Qryche
Explorer
Options

Yes, both BL are 7. You can flash it.

0 Likes