Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 04:54 AM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
OxygenPT
Apprentice
Options
@Cassidy007

Yes, they changed the motherboard and now it is flawless.
0 Likes
yhmlong88
Student
Options

I have the same issue recently, exactly like what some of the users have described. If I turn on the screen quickly, this will happen. If turn off the sceen and wait for a while then turn it on again, everything looks ok. The irritating part is that I need to wait to turn it on. 

0 Likes
Rain7
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  I brought it to the nearest service center. Their intial findings is the display.  But they gave me a very high part quotation. So I decided not to pursue w/ the repair.  I tried examining the phone & I discovered that if AOD is enabled, and followed by screen unlock/iris/fingerprint, the screen flickering will not happen. Maybe you give it a try if this also works for you.

juned272pune
Apprentice
Options

Yes,  if AOD is enabled problem is reduced but not fixed permanantly.
Its just you have to wait for few seconds to get the AOD visible on the screen.

0 Likes
pedromanfroi
Student
Options

I have this problem too since I updated and it is infuriating.

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options
Same thing here. Green horizontal lines show up if I turn off/on quickly. VERY VERY VERY annoying!!
Will samsung do something about it or just keep replacing hardware when it is a firmware/software issue?????
0 Likes
2shaezik
Apprentice
Options

I have same issue for over 2 months now. I have tried all suggestions except master reset but the problem still persist. Very infuriating. What else can I do please? 

0 Likes
Jek07
First Poster
Options

Is there anyway to fixed this problem? Or should I just switch to Apple? Seems getting this fixed in Samsung Centre will just cost me the same as a new phone.

pedromanfroi
Student
Options

Same here

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options

Is someone from samsung watching the forum or is this absolutely worthless? Customers are reporting issues and samsung doesn't even bother to answer?