Support

Open search

My S9 will not update to Android 9

First Poster

I also have the same problem. It's already May and my friend's note 8 ans s8 plus already got it since January. I got mine from a Samsung store. I tried everything from erasing the cache and using the switch app but nothing happened. I should've gone for a different brand if this was the case.

First Poster
You're lucky yours got a december update, mine is stuck on May last year!
Explorer

It's ok! No need to worry.

I have downloaded my stock ROM from a site on the web and apply updates without any issue.

In fact, since that manual update to Pie, my phone received 3 new updates!

I downloaded mine from here:

https://samfrew.com/model/SM-G965F/

Explorer

It's ok! No need to worry.

I have downloaded my stock ROM from a site on the web and apply updates without any issue.

In fact, since that manual update to Pie, my phone received 3 new updates!

I downloaded mine from SAM FREW website.

First Poster

I have to flash it? I didn't pay this much for a phone to do it manually. This is sad. Nokia and Android one is starting to get really attractive right now.

Explorer

I think this is a puntual issue.

You don't go often around there listening to people complaining about Samsung Updates...

But I've git the phone in Italy, and my location is Argentina.

Maybe here's the reason why, in my case, why FW upgrades don't happen automatically.

First Poster

Same issue here S9+, unlocked (purchased directly). Model SM-G965F Still on Android 8.0 with a May 2018 Security patch!! Samsung members shows that the update for the S9+ compelted in February!

My only thought is that I have the duel Sim - does anyone else have that model whilst receiving the OTA update?

Apprentice
Mine is an italian S9*+ DUOS carrier free, still on Android 8.0.0 and december 2018 security patch.
Apprentice

i bought my S9 in UK and now im living in Maldives i have not received android 9 update yet, actually i bought 2 S9's same time and one is still in UK and mine is in Maldives the other phone has got the update but mines hasn’t what would be the reason. i have checked with local SP and they confirmed that they have no issues with updates from their side.

Explorer

Maybe it's because all of us that have purchased a phone in one country and then moved the phone to another country, Samsung detects it and blocks the updates.

My italian S9 when moved to Argentina had to resolve first the Region Lock Code, because of the phone only allowed to use European SIMs.

Then, no PIE updates available.

Had to update it manually to PIE and now all of the new security patches updates automatically without any issue.

Hope that helps.

Top Liked Authors