Did you mean: 

My S9+ is bordering on unusable after this Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 05:57 AM)
E_Y_S9_Plus
Student
Options

This is absolutely terrible from Samsung 

The following is a list of errors i've got:

• Can't take screenshots or screen videos - says can't take screen shot/video due to security policy on any app I try
  • Apps such as Duolingo have slowed down terribly and it feels like I've got an 8 year old phone, not 2 year old
  • Some apps don't open at all and just shut down this instant I click on them 
  • Microsoft Authenticator keeps crashing, even when i've only got another Microsoft program open such as Excel. I get error warnings ever 3 seconds and they only stop coming when I close that Microsoft app
  • I can't send chat messages and when I try to go onto chat messages settings in the messages app, my phone is reduced to such a state of uselessness that the only thing I can do is open the notifications panel - I can't open any other apps or even swipe through the list of apps
  • The selfie camera only takes 5.2MP photos despite being able to take 8MP which results in extremely grainy and poor quality selfies
  • I can't use landscape mode. When I try to flip the screen goes black and then turns on at the lock screen. This is very annoying because it means i can't watch videos in fullscreen
  • I can't sign into Onedrive on the Files app. I tap the option and it says signing in, then goes black and I get taken back to the home screen. If I try again I get a particularly useless message telling me that the Files app keeps stopping
  • There is no option to change my status message in contacts, so I will be stuck with the same one for the rest of my life which is totally irrelevant to any pictures I might upload. Also, updates in contacts seems to have disappeared

What can I do about all this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
adann
Explorer
Options

I have noticed the front camera is really poor now. Get better results through Snapchat than the official camera app.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

I would try a factory reset myself, I think things get mixed up with leftover bits of software or something. 

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

Ps be sure to back up anything you want to keep as a factory reset makes the phone like it comes from a shop with nothing. 

I export my contacts etc too

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

1.  Backup your phone and Try Factory resetting it. 

2. Use odin to install stock firmware on your Galaxy S9. 

3. If both options dont fix your issue most likely its a hardware issue 

0 Likes