Support

Open search

My S9 constantly overheats and loses RAM.

Apprentice

So, just a few days ago, I noticed that my S9 started to overheat really often and it always loses RAM. Today, I saw it using just 0,9 GB of RAM. This is ridiculous. What's wrong with my phone? My old J7 2016 didn't have such issues, I don't have that many apps. My heaviest apps are probably games such as Super Mario Run or Animal Crossing but I rarely play them. The last time I played them was probably a month ago. I think something's wrong with my phone and Samsung's Device Care app manages to fix the RAM wasting issues but only for a few seconds. It has never been that bad, what is wrong with my phone? I really don't want my flagship phone to get worn out so fast. It's only been months, I have had this phone since December 2018.

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice

And to be more informative, no, I don't get any warning messages about the phone overheating but what I feel in my hands is enough for me to realize that something's wrong.

GrandMaster
You could install AnTuTu Benchmark and check the processor and battery temparature if it feels too hot.
The regular battery temparature should be between 20-35° without heavy usage.
Viele Grüße
EnesI
*Kein Samsung Community Moderator*
Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst ? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.
Meine Geräte: Galaxy S10, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A50, Gear Sport, QLED Tv
GrandMaster
And I would recommend you to bring your phone to an authorized service center where it can be checked for hardware/software problems.
Viele Grüße
EnesI
*Kein Samsung Community Moderator*
Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst ? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.
Meine Geräte: Galaxy S10, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A50, Gear Sport, QLED Tv
Top Liked Authors