Support

Open search

Multi-window feature not available on S9+ pie update

Voyager

I reinstalled oreo and haven't a clue how to do split screen but found it ok on pie lol 

Its so complex for now, im really annoy about this inconvinience

First Poster
I agree. I would like the old long press split s reen feature back

After pie update multi window disappeared. Find some answer but press tap key top right the three dots won't show the option split screen. How to use multi window?

AndrewL Moderator
@Jegan1: To use Split Screen View please tap the Recent Apps button (default is bottom left corner) > Tap the thumbnail image above the relevant window > Open in Split Screen view. This will display the app in the top half of the screen, and any app you open after that will be opened in the bottom half. Hope this helps.
First Poster
Thank you, this helped me. I was going insane!!!
Apprentice

I only have the option to open in pop up multi-window view but not open in split screen multi-window view. Do you know how to fix this? It appears that the feature has complelely been removed from my device. This is really annoying. 

First Poster

It's actually pretty simple. Tap the apps icon (3 vertical lines bottom left) to show running apps. At the top of the app that you want to split screen with tap the app icon and you will see an option for split screen if that app offers it

Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I don't think you quite understood my post. I know how to get there but the option to split-screen view has been removed. I only have an option to use a pop-up window but I used to have both options available, open in split-screen view and open in pop-up view. I have made a screenshot:Screenshot_20190719-080305_One UI Home.jpg

Highlighted
Voyager

Go into settings, advanced features and see if multi window is in there, might need to switch it on. 

Mine was off by default for some reason.

Also good lock from galaxy store adds extra options. 

Top Liked Authors