Support

Open search

Lock screen notification - change since update?

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi all. I've had my Samsung S9 since Christmas and have just done the latest update this week - so far I hate it!

I'm having trouble with the lock screen notifications. Before the update, I used to get a WhatsApp notification, the icon came up on the Always On screen, I'd hold the home button down to go onto the Lock Screen, and the notification with a message preview would be there for me to view.

Now when I do the same thing, the Lock Screen won't show me the preview, without pulling down from top where the icon is, and it appears in the status bar instead.

It also wont show me individual messages there anymore, and when generally on my phone, if I now get a WhatsApp message, it pops up at the top, but instead of saying what it is, it will say '8 messages from 4 conversations', taking into account any messages I haven't read.

Its doing my head in and have scoured the settings to try and sort this but can't! Any help??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Ok so I’ve tried and tried and I’ve managed to get detailed notifications back on my screen. I have the S8+.

I went to settings > lock screen > notifications > view style and set that to detailed. That then changes from just showing icons back to actual message. 

It it worked for me and hope it works for you.

Good luck!

13 REPLIES 13
First Poster

Having the same issue and it's really frustrating not getting a text preview of the message. Just the icon itself

First Poster

Me too, I'm just trying to figure this out now and getting nowhere. You had any luck?

Apprentice

This is driving me mad too. If anyone finds a solution to this please post! Hate the update. Why change what was fine.

Apprentice

No luck at all! Still the same and still doing my head in.

Also noticed that sometimes you have to enter your PIN to even see it on the lock screen at all by dragging down.

Worst update!

Hi All,

I have had the same and so I have been researching and playing and I think I might have solved this!

If you go to the whatsapp app -> settings -> and change "popup notification" to.....well whatever you want really, I personally only want it on lock screen so I set it to "only when screen off" and that seems to have worked.

Hope this might help y'all.....

First Poster

Is there an update for this issue?

Apprentice

Ok so I’ve tried and tried and I’ve managed to get detailed notifications back on my screen. I have the S8+.

I went to settings > lock screen > notifications > view style and set that to detailed. That then changes from just showing icons back to actual message. 

It it worked for me and hope it works for you.

Good luck!

Apprentice

Thank you SO much Clur_11, this has definitely helped with a big issue!!!

Hope it helps others too!

Apprentice
I'm really pleased it worked for you! Thanks for letting me know. I'm pleased I worked it out as it was doing my head in!!
Top Liked Authors