Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED notification not working after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 01:09 PM)
Koki1
Explorer
Options

Hello,

After Android 10 update, LED notification do not work anymore. I did Factory Reset - not helpfull. I booted phone in Safe mode - not helpfull.

I discovered, it has some connection to EdgeLighting. If Edge Lighting is Off, LED notification is not working at all.

If EdgeLighting is On, than for supported apps by EdgeLighting, LED is working, too (ex. Viber, Messages...), but it doesn work for Missed call.

Somebody help?

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
JohnBin
Journeyman
Options
That seems like a serious issue. Did you fix it? Is this a solo case or happens to everyone? I'm still at android 9, because I don't want to miss the motion effect that was deleted in OneUi2.
0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options
Hi,

It is worldwide. Many customers claim about that issue. So far, not fixed...
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options
After updating S9 S9+ Note9 to android 10, the notification LED does not work properly.

I found the cause of the problem. There is a conflict between the notification LED and Edge light. If Edge light is off, the notification LED for missed calls will work. However, it does not work for messages and other applications that use Edge light. If Edge light is turned on, stops working for missed calls and works for applications using Edge light. It also happens that after a few reboots of the phone, the LED for missed calls starts flashing green and then completely stops working and turning off/on Edge light no longer helps.
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options

Please send a bug report via the Samsung Members app is the quickest way to fix it.

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your answer.

All you mentioned, is not working for me 😞

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

of course I did it.

Samsug reply: " It is not common issue. Please visit Samsung Service center for help".

JohnBin
Journeyman
Options

Oh... my God! That reply for an issue that, as I understand, is universal...

0 Likes
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem now. It doesn't work anymore after a few reboots and there is no way to solve this problem. This is an update bug and samsung must fix it !!!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Android-10-Update-LED-notification-not-working-anymore...

angelus1985r
Explorer
Options

Shame on Samsung .. such bug should not take place in a business phone for 1000 euros or should be repaired immediately !!!