Support

Open search

Just got Pie Update in LATAM where is video recording in pro mode?

First Poster

I do use my S9 a lot to record videos as it is part of my work to edit and create content for social media and today i just got the Pie Update i was really excited the new User Interface is brilliant, the gestures are awesome!!

When it comes to the camera app it is snapier than before on Oreo Update but in Pro Shooting Mode it only allows me to take pictures, where is the video record option as well? I do love to record videos in manual since i have more control on focus and variable aperture, i've spent some good time trying to find it, i did check and the camera app is the latest one.

Where is this option?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Explorer

@V1nleds 

I have been asking the same question to why there is no video record button in Pro mode for over a month now.

I have basically been ignored by Samsung.

Highlighted
First Poster

Oh gosh 1 month already? Will they bring this feature back again?

I really like my S9 since i bought two months ago and i've tried some apps that records manually but the camera's default UI is more intuitive and easy.

Gonna check out Oneplus 6T this week, it was one my options before considering the S9.

Thank you!

AndrewL Moderator
@V1nleds: I'm sorry to inform you that Pro Mode is not available when recording videos on the Android Pie update. We are listening to customer feedback, however at present there is no news about it being re-instated in a future update. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.
Observer
Hey guys,

I am a mobile filmmaker and have been using the Galaxy S9/S9+ exclusively as a camera for about a year now. I even sold all of my expensive, professional DSLR gear to go mobile only!

One of the short films I shot on the S9+ is going to be premiering at the Boston Underground Film Festival in March and is even up for an award!

I really love mobile filmmaking and the S9 has really allowed for amazing quality imagery and the Pro Mode video options allow me to control everything in my shot from the ISO to the white balance.

So, it has been incredibly upsetting to me that when Android Pie released, that this feature was taken away. Pro Mode now only applies to PHOTOS and not video!

This feature is of paramount importance to myself and other mobile filmmakers and taking this feature away when it has been present in ALL Galaxy devices since they started up until this most recent Android update makes literally no sense.

I have TWO Galaxy S10+ devices reserved and the day that it comes out, I am going to pick them up, then I am getting straight on an airplane to fly halfway across the country to go shoot a film on it that is being entered into a mobile film festival contest being held by Moment Lenses.

This past weekend the display models finally came out at the Best Buy where I pre-ordered my devices and I was horrified to find out that Pro Mode was absent for video on the S10+ as well!!!

Guys...this is MAJOR step backwards.

I have called Samsung several times and they have assured me that this issue is a major oversight that they are aware of and it is being worked on by the developers, but I am sending this message to you here, because I am adamant in making sure this issue is resolved and that you restore Pro Mode Video functionality.

If I cannot use the Filmic Pro app to its fullest capabilities because Samsung won't grant them access to the 4K at 60FPS feature on their app, then Samsung needs to make sure that I can have full manual control on their own native camera app!

Again, this is coming from someone who is using your product to show the world just how capable a device it is as a filmmaking tool and even has a film coming out in less than a month that's up for an award showcasing this fact!

Help give filmmakers like myself and others out there the tools we need to create gorgeous content that only makes Samsung look better and more professional as a result and give us fill control over our videos again!

P.S.

I have even had an image featured on Samsungs own Instagram page as an example of work taken on your device which was deemed SO good Samsung decided to share it with the world.

Please, please, PLEASE know that you have so many other artists like myself out there who have been affected by this update and it hurts not only us, but YOU as we are out there making your product look as amazing as we think it is.

Jon
Mobile Filmmaker + Artist

Top Liked Authors