Support

Open search

Is there a way to disable One UI?

I just uptade my phone today and I was really disappointed that One UI was automatically downloaded on my Galaxy S9 Plus. I just want to know if there is a way of reverting it. I really HATE this uptade :/

14 REPLIES 14
Superuser I
Superuser I

Once the update has been completed then you can't easily revert back to Oreo.

Especially through the settings on the phone.

I can't advise here how to roll back firmware.

Please use Google Search and or look on the xdadevelopers site to learn how.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Whoever developed this update must have been high on acids, it is the worst thing I have ever seen. I am a programmer myself and every single thing here is wrong, from graphics of th UI to usability. 

Apprentice

Manufaturer warrany cannot be voided by reverting an upgrade, stop saying wrong things. Indeed, the warrany comes for the software at the moment of purchase, so one is allowed to revert back all the way to that software. Please get informed before posting things.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@FilippoR wrote:

Manufaturer warrany cannot be voided by reverting an upgrade, stop saying wrong things. Indeed, the warrany comes for the software at the moment of purchase, so one is allowed to revert back all the way to that software. Please get informed before posting things.

With all due respect I'll advise on what I feel is appropriate and add my disclaimer to cover myself which is my.choice to do so and does not infringe the Samsung Community Guidelines.

I'd you don't agree then fine and disregard the advice. 

It's a choice @FilippoR 

Have a good day.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

@BandOfBrothersOf course with all due respect, but you should not spread lies regardless of whether it infirges the Samsung guidelines or not. Or you also advise that vaccines cause autism and cover yourself saying it's a choice?

AntS Moderator

Once installed, firmware updates cannot be rolled back through official means.

We all know that people can and do install software through unofficial ways though. Some of those ways can void the warranty, or can do nastier things to your device… even if you consider yourself an expert. If you want to do them, that’s your choice – and they’re only a Google search away for anyone. I’d definitely urge caution, and some decent research before attempting any of them though.... if that's the way someone wants to go.

However, on Samsung’s official forum, the official advice stands: once installed, firmware updates cannot be rolled back through official means.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Agreed, hate it, please provide help to revert

Apprentice

Since it can't be rolled back through official means, please fix these bugs! Particularly the camera, its appalling!!

First Poster

I wand to get rid of this One UI so badly. It sucks. Worst UI ever. It couldnt be worse even if they tried to do that on purpose. This "update" definitely is the worst thing could ever happen to my phone (S8). I was thinking of renewing it to GlX S10, but with this crappy One UI I'm probably gonna switch to iPhone in case if Samsung doesn't allow us, current and former in future users to make this ***** out of our phones. 

Top Liked Authors