Support

Open search

Is Samsung ever going to release an update to overcome the s9's terrible batterylife?

Pathfinder

I'm willing to bet any money there's a different battery than launch model in that phone.

No way on god's earth the exynos launch model can get those figures.

Let me guess, it's a recent purchase, say recent enough to be a second revision..

Sorry to say, but your device is not typical of S9 exynos users on launch model, the S9 battery was/is GARBAGE on devices back at launch, and Samsung should be ashamed that they put them inside the flagship.

That’s what I thought! Such an utter disgrace
Apprentice

@SithLord wrote:

I'm willing to bet any money there's a different battery than launch model in that phone.

No way on god's earth the exynos launch model can get those figures.

Let me guess, it's a recent purchase, say recent enough to be a second revision..

Sorry to say, but your device is not typical of S9 exynos users on launch model, the S9 battery was/is GARBAGE on devices back at launch, and Samsung should be ashamed that they put them inside the flagship.

I bought it a month ago.. Don't know if it is a second revision. All I know is that the phone and battery life is amazing!

Apprentice

Look at my last full cycle, amazing! Almost 48 hours off the charger and 5 hours of SOT.Screenshot_20181120-074703_Settings.jpg

Pathfinder

I think you need to realise that not everyone is seeing the same results as you, I know it must feel cool being able to boast an "amazing battery life"  but the reality is, that 90% of people with S9 (and what's worse... Those that paid more for it) are seeing shocking results.

You can't defend something you haven't been around to experience. We get it, yours is better, probably has a different battery inside after Samsung got scathing reviews off tech analysts regarding battery.

Glad to be rid of the problem now.

Apprentice

Boasting? I'm just disproving the statement about the bad battery life.

Several reviewers/news sites and users have written about how the battery life have been dramatically improved with the latest updates. So I'm obviously not alone with having great battery life.

On top of that. They guy who started this thread complaining already have great battery life.

Quick search:

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2018/08/battery-life-of-exynos-galaxy-s9-models-improved-with-new-p...

https://amp.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/9tbhds/s9_exynos_october_update_fixes_battery_life_4g/

Got it only once tho, after that I was getting 3.5h max and when on 4g only 2h so battery life hasn't been great to say the least
Apprentice

@zhead wrote:

Yh bro that is true, but those phones are brand new and all the apps havent been set up, my one is having those issues and is barely 2 months old, with apple phones their optimisation is so good that the battery isnt affected after only 2 months, at the start my one was doing like 7-8 hours now it barely manages 4 and a half.Samsung hardware has so much potential but their software is just *****e and lets it down.

Also you,

If you tray to disable the Chrome app an then go into the Samsung browser and close the tabs and then close the apps and turn off your phone for 5 minutes. This with closing the tabs in the Samsung browser and shooting apps you should do once a week. Afther this the phone will work fine

Apprentice

Yh but it is an £869 phone you shouldnt have to do that.

Exactly!
Top Liked Authors