Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Blurry/Grainy screen on S9

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 03:24 AM)
Turbo1
Explorer
Options

Problem started occurring about 7-10 days ago, around the same time as latest firware upgrade, but unsure if related. Images through Photo lens also look blurry/grainy when problem occurs on handset display, and any photos taken during a blurry/grainy espisode are no good.

Confirm screen dislay is set to Adaptive (as suggested by Samsung care today) and I'm reluctant to reboot with default settings, unless absolutely necessay, so I'm raising the problem within the community. And suggestions for a fix?

18 REPLIES 18
Wolfhound_GD
First Poster
Options

I have a very similar issue - from time to time, if I press the power button fast enough (but not too fast to activate the camera), screen becomes grainy with yellowish tint.  When I turn the screen off and don't touch the phone for a minute or so it becomes normal again.  It is such an abnoctious bug and I have no idea how to fix.

Krishnan384
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Any solution please? 

0 Likes
Dusouth
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my note 9, hopefully a Samsung rep will notice this post

0 Likes
NizamSM
First Poster
Options

I too have the same issue , my Samsung Note 9 becomes blurred immediately after a call is finished or by soft pressing the power button i.e closing the screen ( to black) and reopeining, it annoys a lot

Please suggest a solution

0 Likes
BrenH79
Student
Options

I have the same issue has anyone found a fix for this?

0 Likes
Prakaass
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue

0 Likes
Joaquin001
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as soon as I press the power button screen becomes blurry, it has gotten worse over time and now its blurry 90% of the time. Any solutions please, this is driving me crazy!!

0 Likes
Palash
First Poster
Options

i have face same problem at my samsung S9+  after  update andriond 10 U2.1.

0 Likes
Jo2305
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Quickly turning the phone on and off (sleep) causes the display to malfunction, sometimes making 90% of the screen black. This is not a digitizer issue as the screen still responds to touch. Noticed it after an update. No solutions? I might just get a new phone at this rate...

0 Likes